Unexploted Bombs Wwii

I have unearthed a photo from my late fathers archives of 3 unexploded bombs, and I wonder if anyone can shed any light on where these were found? Dad lived in Stannington during the 30's and 40's, and the size of this photo suggests to me that it may have been taken by a professional, perhaps a reporter for The Star? Anyway here is the pic:

Cheers

Bunny92

There are a number of topics on here about unexploded bombs, and I'm pretty sure in one of them (but I can't find it!) that says the unexploded bombs collected were taken to a place in the Rivelin Valley and detonated. Your photo could well be of some of them prior to detonation. (I also seem to remember the post said they did it on top of a water main!)

Great photo, thanks for posting it!

There are a number of topics on here about unexploded bombs, and I'm pretty sure in one of them (but I can't find it!) that says the unexploded bombs collected were taken to a place in the Rivelin Valley and detonated. Your photo could well be of some of them prior to detonation. (I also seem to remember the post said they did it on top of a water main!)

Great photo, thanks for posting it!

I remember the water filled crater left when a large bomb was detonated in the Rivelin Valley. I understood that this was the one that was accidently set off over the water main which had to be diverted.

It was a fair size and situated in allotment gardens across the stepping stones from the Holme Head Wheel.

It can be found on the forum and is marked as a pond.

I think it was eventually filled in some years ago.

HD