Uniform Identification ?

togger

Hi All,

I need help identifying the uniforms these three members of my family are wearing please. On the reverse of the image it has "Electric Studios 137 Pinstone Street" so i think this might help identify the year or years. If you need a better scan then let me know, but the original is very dirty and tatty.

Could they be Sheffield Corporation Tramways inspectors.

I don't think they're military uniforms because the footware doesn't look right.

There's a photo on the Crich Tramways site that looks very similar with bands around the hats rather than a badge.

Just a suggestion.

HD

Yep that looks right to be honest with you

Thanks for the help

If they are family members could you perhaps look on the 1911 census for their occupations. I understand that Sheffield Tramways were considered a good employer and family members would be likely to get their brothers/sisters on the payroll. Inspectors were always promoted from within the workforce I understand.

HD

Charles Howell, Photographer, 137 Pinstone Street White's 1911

Hi All,

I need help identifying the uniforms these three members of my family are wearing please. On the reverse of the image it has "Electric Studios 137 Pinstone Street" so i think this might help identify the year or years. If you need a better scan then let me know, but the original is very dirty and tatty.

G. E. Markcrow, Photographer, Central Studios, 137 Pinstone Street White's 1919

Drapers at that adress by 1925.

If they are family members could you perhaps look on the 1911 census for their occupations. I understand that Sheffield Tramways were considered a good employer and family members would be likely to get their brothers/sisters on the payroll. Inspectors were always promoted from within the workforce I understand.

HD

Slight problem in that I don't know their names, but, I have it on good authority that they are family, so I cannot look on the 1911.

G. E. Markcrow, Photographer, Central Studios, 137 Pinstone Street White's 1919

Drapers at that adress by 1925.

Thanks Richard, so we can assume that it's about the first world war years or just after.

Many thanks

Best resolution scan of the hats, collars and buttons please. Can't do any harm. Ta.

Hi All,