What Have They Done To Firefox?

Bayleaf

I've used Firefox as my default browser for a long time, but I find the latest version unusable. It bears no relation to previous versions, and I don't find it at all intuitive. Anyone else feel the same, or shall I get me coat?

I've used Firefox as my default browser for a long time, but I find the latest version unusable. It bears no relation to previous versions, and I don't find it at all intuitive. Anyone else feel the same, or shall I get me coat?

I've just checked which version of Firefox I'm using and it tells me that it's up to date at version 12.

I can't say I've noticed any major changes recently, but then I don't use any of the fancy add-ons and options.

HD

I have recently upgrade to forefox 11/12 yes it is different to my previos version.

I think it does everything it did before but like IE they have removed some of the toolbars.

Is there a specific function you can longer do

Not impressed.

I often don't even get the toolbar with close on it, means I have to task manager it to even close a window.

Not impressed.

I often don't even get the toolbar with close on it, means I have to task manager it to even close a window.

Have you tried Fn----F11 to turn off Full Screen Mode ?

You can select the toolbars you need with View ----Toolbars.

HD

Have you tried Fn----F11 to turn off Full Screen Mode ?

You can select the toolbars you need with View ----Toolbars.

HD

Not using full screen mode, but I can't find View or any toolbars for that matter. Where've they hidden them?

Not using full screen mode, but I can't find View or any toolbars for that matter. Where've they hidden them?

Scrub that, found it, random right clicking works wonders!

Why is it with FireFox that every little minor update and alteration is now treated as a major new release?

In 2 years we have gone from FF3 (actually 3.6, as minor updates were decimal pointed as they should be) to FF12.

If IE had done the same with their numbering system, which has an update for IE almost every month from Microsoft update then in the same 2 year time period it would have gone from IE8 to IE32.

Has FF really changed that much in the last 9 versions, - except for changing the appearance and layout (a cosmetic change, not one that greater functionality) to match that of its 3 main competitors, IE, Chrome and Safari?

Still finding it awful, second attempt to post this - "it just disappeared".

Considering changing to MangeyMongoose 9 or Perspiring Proghorn 2.3 (Beta).

Still finding it awful, second attempt to post this - "it just disappeared".

Considering changing to MangeyMongoose 9 or Perspiring Proghorn 2.3 (Beta).

Mankeymongoose??? I think you mean Seamonkey (a real browser and email combination)

Perspiring Phroghorn 2.3 (Beta) sounds like it will be the latest version of UBUNTU (a Linux OS) when it gets out of beta testing

I think I made 'em up. ...

They sound reassuringly like the names of some real browsers though, especially open source and Linux ones.