Wisewood Secondary School

Guest Graham Dyson

Guest jeg123

I didn't attend this school but my son went from 2009 till it closed. He loved it there and the teachers were brilliant. Worse thing they did closing it down and opening forge valley. My son as had nothing but trouble since the move to forge valley.

My step brother went there and left about 1957 his name was john Tingle (now deceased) he lived on Hallowmoor rd.

Anyone out there who left school in 1957

On 29/01/2020 at 20:03, Rod Goodfellow said:

My father Alan Goodfellow was headmaster from late 50s till he retired in 1967.

I remember him well. I was one of the baby boomers that created the first year when the school had classes in one year. Previously there had only been four classes in one year. Mr Goodfellow declared that the top two classes would normally have gone to grammer school and he would try to give us grammer school education in the hope that Sheffield Education would allow us attend the extra year and sit G.C.E. examinations. Unfortunately my father died and we moved away from the area. I've used the French we learnt on many occasions whilst working in French speaking countries

Are you still cycling Rod?

On 29/01/2020 at 20:03, Rod Goodfellow said:

My father Alan Goodfellow was headmaster from late 50s till he retired in 1967.

I remember Mr Goodfellow was headmaster when I attended Wisewood Secondary  School until I left in 1964.

He would have pupils standing outside his door for a telling off , they always came out pretending they had been given the cane, but from my memory he never canned anyone .