Gosh, I've Won A Boat Load Of Money ... Apparently

RichardB

PIN id:58638039.Confirm the Receipt of Your iPHONE 5th anniversary award of $2.950.000.00 via Email:

Well, I'll enjoy spending that - see you in a couple of days !

I got this phone call saying I had won this great holiday and I put phone down and he actually phoned me back and abused me for not listening.

PIN id:58638039.Confirm the Receipt of Your iPHONE 5th anniversary award of $2.950.000.00 via Email:

Too late Richard, I used your Pin id which you inadvertantly posted on here and claimed the prize myself. I just sent them the meagre sum of $400 for administration costs. The man said the money will be in my account next week.

Too bad cobber - you dallied and missed out. Acapulco here I come!

Too late Richard, I used your Pin id which you inadvertantly posted on here and claimed the prize myself. I just sent them the meagre sum of $400 for administration costs. The man said the money will be in my account next week.

Too bad cobber - you dallied and missed out. Acapulco here I come!

No Richard is the winner on this one THYLACINE,

Being me I suspect it is a scam

Richard hasn't actually won anything, but it hasn't cost him anything either, income =0, expenditure = 0

You have paid out $400 in "admin fees" to a bunch of scammers you will now never hear from again, so income =0, expenditure = $400

To my reconning, that makes you $400 out of pocket.

...and you know what Mr. McCawber in the Dickens novel said about income and expenditure.

"Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen six, result happiness.

Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery."

In a similar vein, to quote Errol Flynn

" My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income"

"Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen six, result happiness.

Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery."

In a similar vein, to quote Errol Flynn

" My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income"

I thought the actual quote was, -

"Annual income twenty shillings, annual expenditure nineteen shillings and sixpence, result happiness.

Annual income twenty shillings, annual expenditure twenty shillings and sixpence, result misery."

However, I am no expert on English Literature at all, even for writers like Dickens, whose work I generally do like, and certainly not the works of Shakespeare, whose works I detest.

So I could be wrong

Or perhaps the book and film versions have slightly different wording.

Ought shillings would make some kind of sense, not a fan or Dickens, but of course Wobbledagger is a big hero to all right-minded individuals...

I thought the actual quote was, -

"Annual income twenty shillings, annual expenditure nineteen shillings and sixpence, result happiness.

Annual income twenty shillings, annual expenditure twenty shillings and sixpence, result misery."

However, I am no expert on English Literature at all, even for writers like Dickens, whose work I generally do like, and certainly not the works of Shakespeare, whose works I detest.

So I could be wrong

Or perhaps the book and film versions have slightly different wording.

Ought shillings would make some kind of sense, not a fan or Dickens, but of course Wobbledagger is a big hero to all right-minded individuals...

I would have thought, with you being a fan of all things Victoriana and 19th century that with Dickens excellent descriptions of life in Britain aduring in this era that you would like his work.

Now wobbledagger, he didn't write much about the 16th and 17th century England in which he lived did he.

Histories of other times, often inaccurate to appease the current monarch (Elizabeth I)

Set in Scotland and Denmark

But mainly (just watched an excellent short series by Francessco de Mostu) set in renasisance Italy

To go right off topic, that's interesting, because I enjoy Shakespeare very much, but have always considered Dickens the most over-rated writer in English literature! (Closely followed by the Brontes, it must be a period thing. I'll get me coat...)

Your aversion to Shakespeare is well documented in your exchanges with History Dude.

To go right off topic, that's interesting, because I enjoy Shakespeare very much, but have always considered Dickens the most over-rated writer in English literature! (Closely followed by the Brontes, it must be a period thing. I'll get me coat...)

Most people of the postwar school generation that dont like Victorian literature (Dickens, Brontes etc) do so because they had it rammed down their throat at school in English lessons and had to read every last word in all their works then answer loads of questions on it :angry:

Come to think of it, - that's partly why I don't like Shakespeare :unsure:

Your aversion to Shakespeare is well documented in your exchanges with History Dude.

..with History Dude (who famously uses an image of Shakespeare as his avitar, - not to wind me up but because he has a genuine love and interest in the Tudor Elizabethan period and always does interesting posts on),... and with Richard (who does use Shakespeare to wind me up) and several other members who are fans of the Bard's work.

But sorry, it's not for me.

I'm the kindest, more polite and knowledgeable member, with endless charm amd wit; infinate in my wisdom and never known to wind anyone up !

Apart from those that I do, of course.

"King Lear, Chapter Three, Verse Nine"

..with History Dude (who famously uses an image of Shakespeare as his avitar, - not to wind me up but because he has a genuine love and interest in the Tudor Elizabethan period and always does interesting posts on),... and with Richard (who does use Shakespeare to wind me up) and several other members who are fans of the Bard's work.

But sorry, it's not for me.

I'm the kindest, more polite and knowledgeable member, with endless charm amd wit; infinate in my wisdom and never known to wind anyone up !

Forsooth Richard, what eloquent and praiseworthy rendition lies in thy wording, It be almost Shakespearian in its true nature.

(Or in my own words, - anybody could have written Shakespeare's stuff, you don't need a degree in English, you dont even need GCSE)

Apart from those that I do, of course.

"King Lear, Chapter Three, Verse Nine"

Thou wilt have to have to enlighten me on these scribings master, as my knowledge of such writings runs to the contrary

(Or, in my own words, I have never read or performed King Lear, or have any intention of doing so, therefore I don't have a clue what you are on about)

I just got a text to my mobile telling me they (unnamed) have been trying to contact me regarding my PPI claim. Apparently they now have details of how much I'm due, all I have to do is reply CONFIRM and they'll call me back.

I haven't actually lodged a claim, mainly because I've never had a PPI, so they've done a brilliant job in getting me an award, I look forward to receiving it. Just one thing though. If they've got my mobile number, why not just ring me, rather than me having to text them back and then them ringing me. Still, it must be above board mustn't it. :mellow:

I just got a text to my mobile telling me they (unnamed) have been trying to contact me regarding my PPI claim. Apparently they now have details of how much I'm due, all I have to do is reply CONFIRM and they'll call me back.

I haven't actually lodged a claim, mainly because I've never had a PPI, so they've done a brilliant job in getting me an award, I look forward to receiving it. Just one thing though. If they've got my mobile number, why not just ring me, rather than me having to text them back and then them ringing me. Still, it must be above board mustn't it. :mellow:

I had a phone call on my landline last night, there opening statement was almost the same.

Eventualey they got fed up me and hung up rather than the other way around. They don't like being questioned and obviously know a lot less than they make out.

Eventualey they got fed up me and hung up rather than the other way around. They don't like being questioned and obviously know a lot less than they make out.

For those who don't know him, Stuart is brilliant at winding up, wasting the time of and getting the better of all types of cold callers be it telephone callers or door to door salesmen.

They never get a sale and Stuarts attitude is that while they are wasting their time with him they are not pestering some nice little vulnerable old lady who lives on her own into buying something she neither wants or needs at an inflated price. He considers it a sort of social service to the local community.

Whats more, his sense of humour is brilliant and some of his wind ups should be made into TV comedy sketches. The bloke trying to sell him an £800 Kirby vacuum cleaner didn't get very far in trying to impress him with the products specification.

Guest suzy

I had a phone call on my landline last night, there opening statement was almost the same.

And it makes not a blind bit of difference if you are registered with TPS - they still keep on calling :(

And it makes not a blind bit of difference if you are registered with TPS - they still keep on calling :(

I'm registered with the TPS and it has made a difference with British firms with British call centres.

However many companies have call centres outside the UK and therefore see themselves as not having to comply with a UK telephone preference service ruling and beyond the jurisdiction of British Law.

Likewise. It got so bad with one international caller that one day called 8 times in 12 minutes that I called BT to see if there was anything they could do. There wasn't, all they could suggest was switching off the answerphone and ignoring the calls. After so many unanswered calls they give up, but usually start again a couple of weeks later.

Likewise. It got so bad with one international caller that one day called 8 times in 12 minutes that I called BT to see if there was anything they could do. There wasn't, all they could suggest was switching off the answerphone and ignoring the calls. After so many unanswered calls they give up, but usually start again a couple of weeks later.

When they phone you, you need either a 130db siren at the microphone of your phone, or get Stuart0742 to talk to them (see post #17 above)

That usually gets rid of them ;-)

When they phone you, you need either a 130db siren at the microphone of your phone, or get Stuart0742 to talk to them (see post #17 above)

That usually gets rid of them ;-)

Another ploy is to apolgise, say there is someone at the door and ask them to hold the line, then just leave the handset off, eventualey they get fed up.

Another ploy is to apolgise, say there is someone at the door and ask them to hold the line, then just leave the handset off, eventualey they get fed up.

Your best one ever for dealing with unwanted door callers was from your mother when you had your alsation dog "Rocky"

When your mum answered the door the dog charged from the kitchen, down the full length of the hall to the doorway and its lead and chain just pulled it to a halt just as it was level with the opened front door.

This was very intimidating for callers as they were unaware that the savage, charging dog would be stopped by its leash just inches before it had them.

The conversion went something like

CALLERS "Good morning madam, were from the Jeho......."

(dog interupts them, inches from them barking and snarling)

STUARTS MUM "Youv've got 10 seconds to get down the drive before I let the dog if its lead"

(callers depart very quickly)

STUARTS MUM "and make sure you shut the garden gate behind you"

he he