John Gascoigne, Harwood Street, Sheffield.

Runningman

Any information please relating to the whereabouts of John Gascoigne, who once lived on Harwood Street ( between London Road and Bramall Lane ) attended both Sharrow Lane and Newfield Schools and was a regular attender at Brunswick Trinity Youth Club. John will be now aged 59 / 60

Roger, an old friend !

I have obviously had no success in trying to trace John via this site, but am intrigued at the fact that this thread has attracted as many views as it has !

Please if anyone has any info would you contact me.

I knew a John Gascoigne who lived on John Street he had twin sisters Carol & Ann

Welcome to the Site Sigmarty, its a long time ago, but, I have sent Runningman a message stating that there has been a reply with possible updates.

I knew a John Gascoigne who lived on John Street he had twin sisters Carol & Ann

Thanks for your reply.

However, that isn't the John Gascoigne that I knew.

Thanks once again for taking time out to reply, that's much appreciated

Guest dingdong

Any information please relating to the whereabouts of John Gascoigne, who once lived on Harwood Street ( between London Road and Bramall Lane ) attended both Sharrow Lane and Newfield Schools and was a regular attender at Brunswick Trinity Youth Club. John will be now aged 59 / 60

Roger, an old friend !

Hi Roger, my name used to be Sue Bell and I went to Brunswick Trinity Youth Club in the 1960s with my school friend Sue Wales. If you are Roger Stevenson, we remember you! If not no matter ..... I am still in touch with Sue Wales and she rang me earlier today, so I told her about your enquiry (which I saw yesterday, I've only just found this site) and I asked her if she recalled telling me some years ago that she had heard that John Gascoigne had died. We don't know if this is true, so apologies if you find out it isn't. Both Sue and I went out with John - I only for a very short time, Sue a little longer. If you remember Sue Merrill then Sue Wales is going to visit her next Monday, where she now lives in Nottingham. kind regards, Sue

Hi Roger, Have just been reading the posts regarding my husband John Gascoigne. I am pleased to report that he is still alive and kicking. We are amused by the fact, that two of his ex girlfriends have him dead and buried. I have joined this forum to to put the matter straight, as I don't think our daughters will find it quite so funny. We haven't lived in Sheffield for thirty five years and are both retired. Hope this clears up any misunderstandings.

Hello Sue ( Bell ) My sincere apologies, this is the first time I have looked at this site for a good few years and was pleasantly surprised to see your post and mention of Sue Wales and Sue Merrill. I was also pleased to see the post from John's wife and very glad to hear he is still alive !! Perhaps the fact that I have changed my e mail address a couple of times over the past few years may have prevented contact. I am presuming Sheffield History members are notified of a reply to a thread. I don't like doing this but will do so in the hope of gaining contact with John - my current e mail address is oldpark43@hotmail.com