Introducing Myself To Your Forum.

M&SFHF

Hello, i thought i would introduce myself as a new member and hope i have posted this is in the right place?

I run a similar family history forum. Our forum is for the Manchester & Salford area of Lancashire, England. We offer free help tracing family history for people who had/have families from these areas. If we can help any of your members with similar research, please feel free to ask me on here or take a short trip to our forum via a link on my profile.

By the same rule, i will post about your forum on our forum. Hopefully this will be of mutual benefits to all our members?

M&SFHF :)

Hello and Welcome to the Site M&SFHF - can't see it doing any harm for you or us, people should be aware of other "local" sites, it's what 40 miles ??

Bring on Barnsley, Rotherham, Doncaster, Worksop etc etc

Hello and Welcome to the Site M&SFHF - can't see it doing any harm for you or us, people should be aware of other "local" sites, it's what 40 miles ??

Bring on Barnsley, Rotherham, Doncaster, Worksop etc etc

Hello & thank you for the welcome Richard :)

I am a little bit confused with the rest of your message?

M&SFHF

Just meant we should forge a few more links with other sites because people came to Sheffield from around and about, they also left for other places.

I am one for that.

This is one of the reasons i have joined your forum and many others over that past few days.

I am sure we can all benefit from shared info & members. That way people know where to look for the details and records that are not always on the big paid forums and websites.

Great stuff, all are most welcome here - we try to do our best for visitors "Free, Polite and Helpful" is our aim; hopefully many of our members will have folks from your neck of the wods and will be treated in a like manner.

All resources here are free to all; post us a question and we will give it our best effort, we cannot 100% guarantee anything, some questions are beyond us, but we enjoy a challenge and all posts will receive due attention.

Newer visitors should be aware that we don't mind questions, whatever those questions are. If you need help, please ask, plenty of folks around here willing to provide help and guidance - some experts on particular subjects too - just don't ask me about transport !

We have some brilliant pictues on here - Google search is the best way to find things on here (use the link in my signature block, many other folks too. If in doubt, just ask, we don't bite and would be most delighted to assist.

Would you like to give a little more detail about your site ? Main topics,coverage etc etc.

This is taken from our opening page and should give you some sort of idea of what we are all about. We also have a "Tracing living relatives" message board which can be accessed via this link. Click 4 "Tracing living relatives " message board

We also have a working progress web site, that contains bit-un-bobs about our area and a some records.

I think that more or less cover us :)

THE MANCHESTER & SALFORD FAMILY HISTORY FORUM. THE AIM OF THIS FORUM IS TO ASSIST MEMBERS WITH THERE FAMILY HISTORY RESEARCH AND TO TRY AND GUIDE PEOPLE EITHER WITH WHAT RECORDS ARE AVAILABLE OR TO WHERE THEY MAYBE LOCATED. IF WE CAN FIND ANY INFORMATION THAT WILL HELP WITH YOUR RESEARCH, WE WILL POST THIS ON ANY REQUEST THREADS YOU HAVE POSTED ON OR STARTED. WE HOPE THIS WILL BE A TWO WAY EXCHANGE OF HELP AND INFORMATION. BY THIS WE MEAN THAT IT WOULD BE GOOD IF MEMBERS COULD HELP OTHERS WITH THERE RESEARCH. THE BURNING QUESTIONS MOST PEOPLE NEW TO FAMILY HISTORY HAVE ARE, WHO MADE ME WHO I AM? WHERE DOES MY FAMILY ORIGINATE FROM? CAN I FIND NEW FAMILY MEMBERS? FINALLY, WE ARE A NON-PROFIT OR COMMERCIAL FORUM, ALL AND ANY HELP WE GIVE IS GIVEN FREELY. WE DO HOPE YOU WILL BECOME ACTIVE MEMBERS AND PARTICIPATE ON OUR FORUM.

M&SFHF