Totley - Mickley Lane Area

Stuart0742

Looks like the top of Mickley lane or somewhere close - the CoOp was just to the left off picture.

Second thoughts - it's where Laverdene road joins Baslow road - there was no vehicle access when I were a lad, just a footpath.

Google maps 53.3162°N 1.5285°W

Looks like the top of Mickley Lane to me. The Co-op would be to the right of the shot. The tree at the entrance to Green Oak park (centre picture) still stands, I think, although there are more houses around it now. The houses at the bottom of Lemont Road are just to the right of the tree

Regards

Ayfer

Looks like the top of Mickley Lane to me. The Co-op would be to the right of the shot. The tree at the entrance to Green Oak park (centre picture) still stands, I think, although there are more houses around it now. The houses at the bottom of Lemont Road are just to the right of the tree

Regards

Ayfer

Exactly right

This is the next question, the Park Keepers bungalow is not there, my earliest memories of this location are 1961/2, therefore when was the Park Keepers bungalow built?

Stuart

Exactly right

This is the next question, the Park Keepers bungalow is not there, my earliest memories of this location are 1961/2, therefore when was the Park Keepers bungalow built?

Stuart

Here is a Then and Now for this location

Exactly right

Stuart

Does anybody know when the Park Keepers Bungalow was built

Does anybody have memories of Green Oak Recreation Ground or indeed life in Totley its self

Does anybody know when the Park Keepers Bungalow was built

Does anybody have memories of Green Oak Recreation Ground or indeed life in Totley its self

The bungalow is on our 1958 OS map