Roberts Brothers

RichardB

These people sure moved around a lot (mind you, not have as much as Walsh's, now there's a remarkable story ...)

They have three premises shown in the first picture (July 1960), the first two are easy to see, because it's got their name on the buildings, go beyond the "new" store, find an archway really strain your eyes to make out the details ......., then view picture two (Button Lane July 1960)

Picture three (June 1962) shows the frame of what would become M&S, Williams Deacons Bank would become Boots

All from Remember Sheffield in the 50's, 60's and 70's

Pictures 1 & 2 J. A. Walton

Picture 3 C. J. Farrant

Went by the one on the moor this week. it was sad to see what state the building is in with just a few shops open beneath it and the rest boarded up. I will try to get back down and take a couple of pictures.

Guest tsavo

These people sure moved around a lot (mind you, not have as much as Walsh's, now there's a remarkable story ...)

They have three premises shown in the first picture (July 1960), the first two are easy to see, because it's got their name on the buildings, go beyond the "new" store, find an archway really strain your eyes to make out the details ......., then view picture two (Button Lane July 1960)

Picture three (June 1962) shows the frame of what would become M&S, Williams Deacons Bank would become Boots

All from Remember Sheffield in the 50's, 60's and 70's

Pictures 1 & 2 J. A. Walton

Picture 3 C. J. Farrant

The shop next to the Angel Inn, sold brilliant hot pork sandwiches...... why does history make me hungry I wonder?

Here are a couple of shots I took last week. I do think it is sad to see a once bustling department store be in such a sad state of repair.

http://www.sheffieldhistory.co.uk/forums/uploads/monthly_05_2007/post-14-1179784762.jpg,

Guest tsavo

Here are a couple of shots I took last week. I do think it is sad to see a once bustling department store be in such a sad state of repair.

This is Robert Bros after the war in an obviously make shift state judging by the upper floors. Posted elsewhere but just to bring this back to the top.

I worked in Roberts Bros in the 1960's.  Remember calling the "bosses" Mr Paul, Mr Peter and a Miss ?  A bit like Grace Brothers!