George Edward Froggatt born 1883/4

married Sarah A Pye Born 1891/2

Married December 1910

Children

Elizabeth 1911

Alice 1913

George 1915

Annie 1919

Can't find a Thomas though so maybe not correct?

Thank you Dunsbyowl, this definitely is the family. Alice, born 1913 is my mother, she died in 1992, Elizabeth and George are also deceased. Thomas, the child mentioned by Huthwaite also deceased.

Now, Annie is a mystery. I knew my aunty Bet and uncle George well, they both lived in Sheffield and I visited them often, but no one ever mentioned Annie (not even my own mother) Could she have died at birth or in childhood? If so where could I obtain a copy of the death certificate?

regards the Froggatts, George Edward was my great uncle, as well as the children listed above, they had another son Thomas E. born 1916

Hi Huthwaite! I would be really interested to know just how you are related to my Grandfather George Edward Frogatt.

As far as I know, Grandad had 3 brothers, Jack, William and Joe. Also the 2 stepbrothers mentioned in the 1911 census posted by Graham, that is Alex and James Frederick.

My Grandmother Sarah Pye had a brother Tommy who was killed at the Somme in WW1 and a sister called Nancy.

So what does this make you to me ?????

PS Are you M, F or other

Looks like this could be the explanation - no guarantees but looks likely - you can order certificates online - the information required is below.

I assume as the death was registered in the same quarter as the birth it was in childbirth?

Quarter September 1919

Surname Froggatt

First Annie

Age 0

District Sheffield

Volume 9c

Page 525

You can order here :

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/default.asp

Sorry no - maybe HughW can help.

With regard to the Froggatts there are the following deaths :

George E Froggatt Died 1960

Sarah A Froggatt Died Dec 1961

Sorry, I've been away for a couple of weeks...

Burials in Tinsley Park Cemetery

Grave PC48c

DOWNS William 24 Feb 1958 51 security officer 111 Herries Rd Sheffield

Grave H140c

FROGGATT George Edward 28 Nov 1960 77 retired 13 Bowden Wood Cres Sheffield

FROGGATT Sarah Ann 28 Nov 1961 69 widow 13 Bowden Wood Cres Sheffield

No other burials listed in the first grave, but the published transcription only goes up to 1973.

This page at Sheffield Indexers has a plan of the sections at Tinsley Park:

http://sheffieldindexers.com/images/TinsleyPark_Cem_1.jpg

More detailed plans showing individual plots can be found at Sheffield Archives or at Bereavement Services at City Road.

also:

Grave E63c

AUSTERFIELD Douglas 25 Jan 1919 5m son of James 1 Wreakin Place Carbrook

FROGGATT Annie 24 Jul 1919 15d dau of Geo E 354 Bright St Carbrook

STANILAND Arthur 29 Aug 1919 1m son of Arthur 24 Wilfred Road Attercliffe

TOWNLEY Beatrice 22 Jan 1914 9m dau of Alfred 100 Carbrook St Carbrook

TOWNLEY Herbert 1 Oct 1902 2 son of Harry 232 Dunlop St Carbrook

TOWNLEY James 27 Mar 1892 4m son of H. 104 River St Attercliffe

TOWNLEY Thomas 26 Jun 1892 7m sonof H 104 River St Attercliffe

Thank you HughW, it's quite emotional after so many years to see it all there in black and white. Did you notice that Sarah Anne died 12 months to the day after her husband? Now is that just a creepy coincidence or is there more to it?

Also with reference to grave E63c, I assume 15d refers to days and 1m = minutes?

So would this be a communal grave for children?

Thanks again for your help.

Also with reference to grave E63c, I assume 15d refers to days and 1m = minutes?

15 days and 1 Month - not minutes! :o Nobody keeps a stopwatch on the time of death even today he he

The dates are dates of burial.

I wasn't sure if E63c was a public grave. It's possible that it was a purchased plot, later used, for some reason, as a public grave in 1919. The grave register at City Road (and on film at the Archives) micht shed light on this.

Today I went to Gleadless Christ Church (the one near Holinsend) and photographed all the gravestones. That is all the ones which could be seen. There were around 26 that were either damaged or not visible to photo. I've done it for that Gravestone website, that collects images from all around the country. However If anyone has somebody that they think might be buried there, just tell me the surname and I'll look to see if I have any. There are over 140 images! :o

Here's one stone that was wearing out, the effect of which producers a strange effect. :blink: But only if you view it as a thumbnail image! If you see the image full size the effect vanishes :o

Hope some one can help i am trying to find a burial location for a friend of the Wifes

the only information i have so far is their names and burial dates.

Alice Nowland 20th June 1950 aged 34 or 37.

William Edward Nowland 13th March 1952 or 1955 aged 45 or 46.

Hopefully they may be in the same Plot, if i get any more information i will post it.

Thankyou..

Making absolutely no claims for the following information which is supplied in an attempt to help you with your research.

Wm. E. Nowland, 5 Mawfa Avenue, Sheffield 14 (from Kelly's 1957)

William Edward Nowland, residing in and formerly carrying on business in his own name as a driving instructor from 5 Mawfa Avenue, Sheffield 14 in the county of York. Lorry Driver (1968) Source

Son, maybe ?

Alice Nowland 20th June 1950 aged 34 or 37.

William Edward Nowland 13th March 1952 or 1955 aged 45 or 46.

Bit of a long shot, but I am looking for the burial whereabouts of a Francis (Frank) McDonald, who died in Sheffield in 1868.

I've tried the usual cemetery records like Burngreave, City Rd, etc. I've also tried the Catholic one at Rivelin but although a few

of his relatives are buried there, neither he or his wife, Ann, seem to be. He was from Ireland, Ann from the Isle of Wight.

In 1861 they are living at Spring Street. Assuming they were still living in the district in the following few years, and that he was

possibly Catholic, where would it be likely he was buried? :huh:

Bit of a long shot, but I am looking for the burial whereabouts of a Francis (Frank) McDonald, who died in Sheffield in 1868.

I've tried the usual cemetery records like Burngreave, City Rd, etc. I've also tried the Catholic one at Rivelin but although a few

of his relatives are buried there, neither he or his wife, Ann, seem to be. He was from Ireland, Ann from the Isle of Wight.

In 1861 they are living at Spring Street. Assuming they were still living in the district in the following few years, and that he was

possibly Catholic, where would it be likely he was buried? :huh:

As Spring Street is in the middle of town it could be anywhere! The only cem you haven't said and a big one is the General Cem. You can look at the site's website at the first set of burials, but after that you will need help. Sheffield Indexers have a forum that is good at solving mystery burials. Some Sheffield townfolks were burried at Saint John's Park. There is also Saint George's church to consider in close distance to that street.

Have another burial I'm trying to locate having just found out the date of death.

It's a George Smith, who died April 1926. He lived at James Street, Darnall, when he

died and had done so for a good few years beforehand.

Haven't found him on any online indexes.

Have another burial I'm trying to locate having just found out the date of death.

It's a George Smith, who died April 1926. He lived at James Street, Darnall, when he

died and had done so for a good few years beforehand.

Haven't found him on any online indexes.

Probably Tinsley Park which isn't on the Indexers site or others.

With the name Smith you are going to have problems finding him anyway! Did he have any relations or a wife which might make it easy to find him. He could have been intered with them?

You could also try the Sheffield Indexers Forum. That's very good for tracking down lost sheep :)

In 1911 there were 5 Smith families living on James Street, three of them had a George. Do you know which of them is yours? Census returns below:

Hi,

George Smith at 39 James Street and his family are mine. Ostley is my great grandad. (The second census

image down)

Of the other four, I don't think two are connected, but Herbert and Charles Henry are sons of this

George.

Guest Jean_Helen

Can anyone help me trace my grandfather George Nixon`s burial site. I believe he`s buried in Tinsley Park Cemetery. He died on 6/5/1942 and lived in Helen Road, Darnall. I`ve looked in Sheffield Indexers and he`s not listed there. Thankyou.