Finding A Burial ?

togger

Today I went to Gleadless Christ Church (the one near Holinsend) and photographed all the gravestones. That is all the ones which could be seen. There were around 26 that were either damaged or not visible to photo. I've done it for that Gravestone website, that collects images from all around the country. However If anyone has somebody that they think might be buried there, just tell me the surname and I'll look to see if I have any. There are over 140 images! :o

I have snapped a NAYLOR (William 1829-89) grave in there for my fam tree, I don't suppose you came accross any other ehadstones for the surname?

Cheers HD!!!! George is Williams Son.

Without sounding too cheeky I don't suppose you have any Thicket(t) headstones do you?

hi my name is Chris I'm thylacine's wife, i would love to know were my father is buried he died when i was very young and my mother died 20 years ago so im afraid i can't ask her either. i know mam was buried in tinsley park cemetery and i know she was buried with my dad but I like to know what year my dad died, and where abouts his grave is. His name was William Downs my mothers name was Alice she died on the Feb.6 1992. I also like to know about my grandma and grandad their names were George and Sarah Froggatt also their son Thomas Froggatt, all I think in Tinsley Park cemetery.

Thank you, I appreciate all your help.

Hi Chris,

So William and Alice didn't marry in Sheffield?

According to the records they married in Wansdworth in Surrey in 1936!

Without sounding too cheeky I don't suppose you have any Thicket(t) headstones do you?

No Thicket, but there is a Trickett.

If you want I can post it!

Anyone else feel free to ask me about grave stones at Gleadless church, just say the surname you are interested in and I will check and post it for you. Please note that the Surname is the main one on the gravestone. Any others I would have to look at all 150 images. But if you believe that they were burried there say so and I will check them.

hi my name is Chris I'm thylacine's wife, i would love to know were my father is buried he died when i was very young and my mother died 20 years ago so im afraid i can't ask her either. i know mam was buried in tinsley park cemetery and i know she was buried with my dad but I like to know what year my dad died, and where abouts his grave is. His name was William Downs my mothers name was Alice she died on the Feb.6 1992. I also like to know about my grandma and grandad their names were George and Sarah Froggatt also their son Thomas Froggatt, all I think in Tinsley Park cemetery.

Thank you, I appreciate all your help.

Just wondering if your William Downs was related to James Horace Downs born 1895 and also in Tinsley Cemetery and who died 1949?

Tinsley Park cemetery.

Section H Grave 140 consecrated

28 Nov 1960 George Edward FROGGATT aged 77 (retired) of 13 Bowden Wood Crescent.

28 Nov 1961 Sarah Ann FROGGATT aged 69 (widow) of 13 Bowden Wood Crescent.

Are these the burials you are looking for, exactly 1 year apart.

No Thicket, but there is a Trickett.

If you want I can post it!

Anyone else feel free to ask me about grave stones at Gleadless church, just say the surname you are interested in and I will check and post it for you. Please note that the Surname is the main one on the gravestone. Any others I would have to look at all 150 images. But if you believe that they were burried there say so and I will check them.

I have seen the Trickett one before and its not connected.

On a cheeky note, don't suppose you have any JONES either do you :) ?

Guest jem2212

hi

looking for a relative?

ernest alliison death 1936 ? any help would be great from attercliffe area and grave in tinsley cemetry? any ideas how i would find which grave and where in the cemetry?

thnks

j.barrett

Tinsley Park Cemetery

Grave RA86 (non-consecrated)

ALLISON Ernest 14 Nov 1936 54 traveller 12 Herries Rd/123 Broad Oaks Sheffield RA86gp

ALLISON Minnie 8 Apr 1970 80 widow 123 Broad Oaks/58 Rodman St Sheffield RA86gp

[name/date of burial/age/description/address or place where death occurred/parish removed from/grave reference]

I don’t know if the following are related, but the grave is a few plots away from the above:

RA80

ALLISON Flora 3 Dec 1959 85 spinster 58 Swarcliffe Rd / Fir Vale In Sheffield RA80gp

ALLISON Hannah 14 Apr 1923 75 widow 64 Selborne St Sheffield RA80gp

ALLISON David 13 Dec 1908 59 labourer 64 Selborbe St Attercliffe RA80nc

(gp=general portion nc=non-consecrated - these labels are equivalent)

Guest jem2212

hi. this is of great help. i'm doing family tree and couldn't find ernest's family and i though david and hannah could be his parents. so this has confirmed what i have been looking at. thank you

Guest jem2212

hi

any chance you could tell me if herbert walters and ellen walters are in tinsley cemetry? herbert death 1914. ellen 1926.

thanks

Guest suesi

Hi

They are both buried in Tinsley Cemetery.

Hebert Walters buried 25 Jun 1914 age 46 iron turner 63 Selbourne St grave no AA123c

Ellen Walters buried 4 Jun 1926 age 57 widow 12 Herries Rd grave no AA123c

also buried in the same grave

Dora Walters buried 4 Mar 1953 age 52 spinster 63 Selbourne St/ Storthes Hall

Lawrence Freeman Walters buried 12 Dec 1929 age 23 no occupation 48 Woodbourne Road

Guest knaylor

I have an ancester Joseph Naylor (1835-1881) buried in H50 Intake Cemetery together with his wife Ann Thickett (1833-1902). The grave is unmarked.

Joseph was a Hay Merchant and Carter born in Gleedless. Ann was born in High Lane Ridgeway. When he died she moved to South Street, Park