Fopv Duck Race

mike142sl

Just spent a rather wet and soggy day encouraging little kids to attack a little furry animal to raise a few quid for the Friends of Porter Valley? Don't you just love 'Splat The Rat'

Entered a couple of Ducks in the race but I think they are still floating their way down the river? Never mind, perhaps next year.

Didn't get down there this year but I gather it was a very good attendance considering the weather?

Didn't get down there this year but I gather it was a very good attendance considering the weather?

I suppose if the weather is bad at an event like this "splat the ra"t and a "duck race" are better than a "soak the victim" game like this one as the victim would already be soaked.

This particular one, at a charity event run by Hull University in 1976 while I was a student there was a good event, and the target and tipping bucket mechanism designed by a few of us students worked particularly well.

In the picture the little lad has just thrown the ball at the target, if he hits the centre it will tip the bucket of water to the right and above, and that blonde haired seated lad to the right will get a soaking. The girl to the left with a towel around her looking wet is the previous victim of a 10p a throw direct hit on "soak the victim.

We made a good job of that "soak the victim" game, if we had been around in France in the 1790's we could have designed the French version of it, "behead the victim" lol