Bagshaw & Woolhouse Photos

Lyn 1

I have a photo of Ethel Bagshaw aged 8 and her parents of Arundel Rd Chapeltown. I believe she is the (?only) daughter of George Bagshaw. Would like to return to a descendant.

Also I have a group family photo c1914 on which is written 'back of 76 Hunter Rd Hillsbro'. Looking in the 1911 census gives us a Leonard Woolhouse and his wife and son living there. It may be them - it may not. Anyone with any links to these families?

Lyn

For information only, no claims made.

Thomas Woolhouse, Printer, 26 Hunter Road, Hillsborough (1893)

My brother-in-law is related to the Bagshaws, because they had a tendence to intermarry between 3 families. The other two being the Furniss (various spellings of that name) and Watson. However I can't find any link with either George Bagshaw or Ethel. However the dates (DOB) are not very clear from the information you gave. And there are numerous Ethel's and George Bagshaws on Ancestry to pin them down without a DOB.

As I live on former Bagshaw estate property, my brother-in-law jokes that I should start paying him rent! he he

My wife Yvonne Woolhouse is a relation of Leonard. They originally worked at a Sawmaking firm on Bradfield Road, Hillsborough but later on Langsett Road when the firm moved.

We are both interested in the family history and would love a copy of the picture if possible. The only image we have is a poor copy done on an office copier years ago.

Email Address is Popt@btinternet.com

Thanking you PopT

They are both now on www.picturesheffield.com as I donated them to Local Studies. I later found out Ethel Bagshaw was born in 1912 making the photo c 1920

Only problem now is that if you try to download them you end up with their URL across them. Had I known they would do that I would never have donated to them. I am also still waiting for an acknowledgement from them for those photos and others I sent them later in July.

Things ain't wot they used to be!

Lyn

They are both now on www.picturesheffield.com as I donated them to Local Studies. I later found out Ethel Bagshaw was born in 1912 making the photo c 1920

Only problem now is that if you try to download them you end up with their URL across them. Had I known they would do that I would never have donated to them. I am also still waiting for an acknowledgement from them for those photos and others I sent them later in July.

Things ain't wot they used to be!

Lyn

I think these are your photos ?

picturesheffield01

picturesheffield02