Hello From Muddy

muddycoffee

Hello everyone, I followed a link over here from Sheffield Forum, only to find I had to register to actually see the image I was led to. But I like local history and I registered anyway.

Having a good poke around I noticed several of my own images from one of my large websites. I have been putting up website pages and taking pictures of local pubs and cinemas for ten years.

I also was the person who started the website about the Limit club, and Rebels.

Now all available here.

http://thewookie.co.uk/

I used to be a big poster on the Sheffield forum but lost interest in it a few years ago when all my pals were getting banned all the time, and the politics on there became far to nervous and politically correct, and so I moved over to Sheffield Chat, with Kirky and Owdlad(rip), which I have been helping to run for the last 6 years.

http://sheffieldchat.forumup.co.uk/

Impressed so far with his board!

Hello and Welcome to the Site Muddycoffee, hope to see you posting some interesting stuff. There's some good, and hopefully unique posts upcoming. Not the fastest of sites by any means but we try not to get to tense.

Enjoy.

Hello everyone, I followed a link over here from Sheffield Forum, only to find I had to register to actually see the image I was led to. But I like local history and I registered anyway.

Having a good poke around I noticed several of my own images from one of my large websites. I have been putting up website pages and taking pictures of local pubs and cinemas for ten years.

I also was the person who started the website about the Limit club, and Rebels.

Now all available here.

http://thewookie.co.uk/

I used to be a big poster on the Sheffield forum but lost interest in it a few years ago when all my pals were getting banned all the time, and the politics on there became far to nervous and politically correct, and so I moved over to Sheffield Chat, with Kirky and Owdlad(rip), which I have been helping to run for the last 6 years.

http://sheffieldchat.forumup.co.uk/

Impressed so far with his board!

Thanks for the welcomes!

I thought I would mention that I am the owner of a Kelly's Directory for Sheffield and Rotherham 1969.

If anyone needs anything looking up I am happy to oblige!

A fine offer, Thank you on behalf of everyone.

I'd be interested to know if the publicans names are listed against the Pubs (a yes or no will do, you may be flooded with people looking for actual relatives...)

Thanks for the welcomes!

I thought I would mention that I am the owner of a Kelly's Directory for Sheffield and Rotherham 1969.

If anyone needs anything looking up I am happy to oblige!

Welcome to SheffieldHistory muddycoffee and thank you for a very inviting and welcoming first post.

As you run your own Sheffield History related websites and as you have been posting on Sheffield Forum for quite a while it is very suprising that you have not come across us and joined us earlier.

Hi Richard,

I checked and unfortunately the pubs do not list any names. Although all the Working men's clubs name a secretary.

I thought that would be the case from other similar years. Cheers anyway and Thank you.

Hi Richard,

I checked and unfortunately the pubs do not list any names. Although all the Working men's clubs name a secretary.

Welcome to SheffieldHistory muddycoffee and thank you for a very inviting and welcoming first post.

As you run your own Sheffield History related websites and as you have been posting on Sheffield Forum for quite a while it is very suprising that you have not come across us and joined us earlier.

Thanks DaveH

Well I have many interests and have lots of forums that take up my time, I tend to be reluctant in starting with another. I am Admin on about 4 forums myself because I'm a bit of a computer and website coding wizz !.

Until two years ago I worked in a company that was struggling for work and, therefore, unfortunately I had hours every day to engage in lots of forums and things, but I managed to jump ship because the boss wanted to sell up and retire. I now work at the Northern General and am kept extremely busy all day so I only get involved out of working hours now.

Hi muddycoffee and welcome, just one question, Is that you in the picture? :)

I got the impression that it was UKL, the same or similar pictures appear on Muddycoffee's other linked sites.

But of course I could be wrong.

Hi muddycoffee and welcome, just one question, Is that you in the picture? :)

Yes, this was a haircut (or more like uncut) I had about 4 years ago. Since then I have been less hairy..

I got the impression that it was UKL, the same or similar pictures appear on Muddycoffee's other linked sites.

But of course I could be wrong.

What does UKL mean ?

Time has taken it's toll on many of our hairstyles Muddycoffee, I firmly believe UkeleleLady herself is a baldy ... possibly ....

Yes, this was a haircut (or more like uncut) I had about 4 years ago. Since then I have been less hairy..

Oh Right,

I haven't be around here long enough to have had the pleasure of her erudition.

^_^

What does UKL mean ?

Sorry muddycoffee, I should have put the members name in full (ukelele lady) for clarity.

It's just that the regular members and moderators frequently refer to each other with shortened usernames as we all know who we are.

However, it's all too easy to forget that newer members, infrequent posters and guests will not know this, - sorry.