And Again

RichardB

The Air Raid Precautions Act (1937) does get a mention ...

In that case I'll take a guess at 1937-38, or even 1938-39

Once we work out the year, I'll put it through a shredder, pulverize it, set fire to it, pound the ashes in a mortar and pestle then send the remains to Stuart, if he's happy to receive 'em.

(Actually in fantastic condition for a document from 19xx-xx, a robust copy and good quality paper).

The Air Raid Precautions Act (1937) does get a mention ...

Could be a wartime 1940's map then Richard.

Look after it carefully and don't let it fall into enemy hands.

1939-40. Thus produced in 1939. A commercial enterprise, lots of adverts.

Could be a wartime 1940's map then Richard.

Look after it carefully and don't let it fall into enemy hands.

1939-40. Thus produced in 1939. A commercial enterprise, lots of adverts.

Didn't think it would be any later as parts of the Manor estate are also missing.

and, one day, it'll be online here for free and for everyone's perusal - which is nice :huh:

Now, when that map was brand new if it was free for perusal by the luftwaffe top brass, - Goering and his cronies, then we would have been in really deep serious trouble, not that we wern't anyway, but come on Richard, a map like that would be a serious threat to National security when it first came out.

Now, when that map was brand new if it was free for perusal by the luftwaffe top brass, - Goering and his cronies, then we would have been in really deep serious trouble, not that we wern't anyway, but come on Richard, a map like that would be a serious threat to National security when it first came out.

Could have been prepared and even printed in 1938 for 1939 distribution. But, yes, a handy bombing guide.

Could have been prepared and even printed in 1938 for 1939 distribution. But, yes, a handy bombing guide.

I'm sure there is a luftwaffe bombing map of Sheffield from 1940 on here somewhere, the one with prospective targets on position fixing landmarks on it.

I think it has Bramall Lane stadium incorrectly marked as a swimming baths.

Heeley Railway Station on London Road is not marked, but I cannot see this map as being post 1968 [when that station closed] somehow, but then again Wicker Goods Station is not shewn either.