Bower Road & Barber Crescent.

jimmydunneclone

Does anyone know of any photos of both these streets off Barber Road in the 1970's or 80's?Thanks.

Does anyone know of any photos of both these streets off Barber Road in the 1970's or 80's?Thanks.

Have you tried on the Sheffield Library Pictures , you might be lucky.

Have you tried on the Sheffield Library Pictures , you might be lucky.

Have checked the web site but no luck.

Guest blue11265

Hey Jimmy i lived in the first house on the left (now demolished) at the bottom of Bower Road from 71 to 79. I'll have a look to see if i can find any pics.

Hey Jimmy i lived in the first house on the left (now demolished) at the bottom of Bower Road from 71 to 79. I'll have a look to see if i can find any pics.

Was this above the printers?

Was this above the printers?

Yes mate. Sorry for late reply. No 21 Bower Road. The printers you mention was a jewellery workshop when we lived there and before that a laundry , I think.

Yes mate. Sorry for late reply. No 21 Bower Road. The printers you mention was a jewellery workshop when we lived there and before that a laundry , I think.

Cheers,did you find any pictures?What years were you there?Thanks.

On 30/06/2012 at 18:53, s6lad said:

Yes, it was quite a big steam laundry. Noisy, with always large wheeled containers of linen around and water all over the pavement outside. I lived half way up Bower Road—not quite the posh end—in the '50s and early '60s.