Apocalypse Babies

Stuart0742

Received this by email

In late 1996 I bought a compilation CD of several 'punk' bands from a bass player who was in one of the bands on this CD - Mere Dead Men, (I can't remember his name).

Another band that was showcased on this CD was a 'four piece combo' band from Sheffield called (the) Apocalypse Babies. I believe there were 4 or 5 tracks featured on the CD; 'I will always Love you', '1,2,3,4' and 'Mini Mafia' are three that I remember well. I gave this CD to someone I knew in '97/'98 and have lost the recording I made of these tracks. I have tried to find a copy of the album the band recorded, (probably sometime in 1995 or 1996), entitled: Three Chords to Heaven or Three Chords from Heaven. I have searched Youtube for sight or sound of them, all to no avail. Their sound was described on the CD as fast-riffing Pop, Punk, Rock and indeed it was.

If you could provide me with any information about this band, know of what happened to them and/or where I might be able to obtain a copy of their album (CD) I would much appreciate the gesture.

Ray, (of The City of Everton).

I'll give up now since I've no idea what any of this means.

Something

These guys aren't The Dead Boys - ask Cheetah Chrome, oh, hang on I think he's dead.

"Listen to what the man said" - Wings - pre-Punk ...

Clash - cod-reggae, rubbish London pub-punk

other views are available ...