He's An Old Man, Stop!

Waterside Echo

Having been told by my family on numerous occasions that it is not safe to walk about Sheffield after dark I have never took any notice. Over the weekend I had to pay a visit to an old friend at Intake and parked up at Manor Top. I stayed a bit longer than I intended and ended up leaving about 7.30 pm, it was a nice night so instead of waiting for the bus I decided to walk. As I passed the old bowling alley I got to thinking about Daves old home movies having spent many a happy hour there in the old days and was quite enjoying the brisk walk back up to Elm Tree. I got to where the Woodthorpe pub used to be and remembered nipping in for a pint after spending a couple of hours at the car auction round the back, then up to Manor Top. Just got to the Elm Tree pub and before I had a chance to think about the times I had spent in there up came about half a dozen youths with a couple of young ladies, they were all well cut and brandishing what looked like cider bottles and they were intent on giving me a good pasting, after thinking, well! this is it. one of the girls shouted stop he's an old man, and with that they shot off. My lucky day, and perhaps a lesson has been learned. W/E.