New to this lark

Guest Horrorbelle

Guest Horrorbelle

Hello all,

I've commented on here a couple of times already, but just found this intro page!

Always wanted to come to Sheff since I discovered music, Came to University (Hallam) to do film from Northern Ireland- and i'm still here 11 years later!

This site is fantastic, and I love seeing all the old pictures - this is such an important record of a city with a rich history and fabulous buildings which is fast becoming full of characterless apartments, hotels and offices.

I'm very interested in the history of the Irish in Sheffield.

I started delving into this a bit a few years back, but work got in the way of more interesting things, and it fell by the wayside, so any interesting bits of info would be great!

Hi there - and thanks for joining the site !

We hope that you continue to use and enjoy it

It's the members that make this site what it is - with the posts, memories and photo's they put on the site so it's good to have more onboard !

I'm new to this lark too, 750 posts+, and if you asked my where Sky Edge or High Hazels Park were, I still couldn't take you to either ! Lots of Irish in the Crofts district, Lambert Street/Scotland Street area - concentrate there for a while, concentrate anywhere and you will find stuff of interest, most of which you will find frustrates you, but, post what you find, me, or Fred, or Mary or whoever may just find the solution to our problem in what you discard.

Welcome and stuff :rolleyes: lol

Guest Horrorbelle

I'm new to this lark too, 750 posts+, and if you asked my where Sky Edge or High Hazels Park were, I still couldn't take you to either ! Lots of Irish in the Crofts district, Lambert Street/Scotland Street area - concentrate there for a while, concentrate anywhere and you will find stuff of interest, most of which you will find frustrates you, but, post what you find, me, or Fred, or Mary or whoever may just find the solution to our problem in what you discard.

Welcome and stuff :rolleyes:lol

Thank ee for the kind welcome!