Walkers Crisps

Sheffield History

I can't believe it

I've just opened up a packet of Walkers Crisps, ready salted flavour (25g)

Have a guess how many crisps were inside ?

EIGHTEEN

Eighteen individual crisps were sat there, in the packet, laughing at me for paying for them.

I'm sure 'in t'olden days' there used to be more than 18 crisps in a packet of Walkers ?

FULLY AGREE WI THE. SEEMS GARY LINEKARS BEEN HUNGRY. BUT DON,T TELL ANY BODY WHILST THAT STILL EATING THEM,OR THAL GET A SQUASHED BAG AND TOLD THA'S MORE NOW.

Guest coffee cup

I am sure you get less crisps per packet from a multi pack these days.. think it is a sign of the times.

I recently read an interview with the life of Mars cast. Gene had to be seen eating a Curly Wurly . This was done using an original 1970's wrapper but a recent curly wurly bar, the Wrapper was much bigger than the bar. Which confirms my theory, it is not us that have got bigger and older but the products have got smaller.

:(:( :(

SORRY ADMIN BUT BEET THI.

GOT PACKET A WALKERS CRISP OUT OF MULTI PACK AND ALL THAT WAS IN IT WAS SALT AND SUMET RESEMBLING CORN. SENT UM BAK TO WALKERS AND GOT A VOUCHER FOR ONE 25GRAM PACKET.

THER AS MEAN AS THER PACKETS OF CRISPS. AGREE.

Which confirms my theory, it is not us that have got bigger and older but the products have got smaller.

Personally, I'm considerably bigger than I was in the 70's, regardless of the crisp-count, 19 stone, 50 inch chest, 44 inch waist, size three shoes; no wonder I keep falling over ! lol