Al Read

GillMar

Guest Coldstreamer

I've got copies of every Summer Wine produced except the pilot episode " Of Funerals & Fish" and I don't remember Ken Platt in any of them.

Are you thinking of Eli Duckett ( Danny O'Dea ) perhaps, or Nora's husband Wally ( Joe Gladwin ) ?

HD

Apart from Danny O'Dea and Joe Gladwin could you also be thinking of the sorely missed Tony Capstick who played one of the two hapless policemen in the patrol car?

I remember Al Read and Ken Platt but often muddle them up these days! Ken platt used to pop up in tv sit coms from time to time. Wiki mentions the Liver Birds, but I've a vague idea he was in Last of the Summer Wine at one time, or is that another 'senior moment'?

Eli Woods has appeared in several LOTSW episodes, is he the one you were thinking of ?

HD

Eli Woods has appeared in several LOTSW episodes, is he the one you were thinking of ?

HD

Nope, thanks for trying HD, but just a 'CRAFT' aberration I think. :unsure:

Nope, thanks for trying HD, but just a 'CRAFT' aberration I think. :unsure:

I don't know what 'CRAFT' means 'so I don't know whether to be offended, amused or my usual slightly bewildered. :wacko:

" Can't Remember A Flaming Thing" perhaps, or being as you used to work for a local authority it may be some sort of technobabble such as "Creativity Releases Alternative Feasibility Terminology". lol

If it's something rude then perhaps you had better tell me behind the bike sheds. :ph34r:

HD

I don't know what 'CRAFT' means 'so I don't know whether to be offended, amused or my usual slightly bewildered. :wacko:

" Can't Remember A Flaming Thing" perhaps, or being as you used to work for a local authority it may be some sort of technobabble such as "Creativity Releases Alternative Feasibility Terminology". lol

If it's something rude then perhaps you had better tell me behind the bike sheds. :ph34r:

HD

No, you got it right HD lol

As to terminology, the motto of our IT Dept was "If you can't convince 'em, confuse 'em" ;-)

I wonder what the definition of old enough is. I remember Al Read but I can remember a lot when I was very small such as the Everly Brothers, and Pearl and Teddy Carr and the film Rock around the Clock coming to cinemas but I am not retired yet,

Last year Radio 7 on digital radio broadcast a series of Al Read shows, still as funny to-day as when first broadcast. No bad language, no smut. I do know that his family ran a business producing Sausages.

Al read is back on Radio 7 on D.A.B. radio, I listened to him last night at 7:00 p.m. (Friday 6/4/2012)

Al read is back on Radio 7 on D.A.B. radio, I listened to him last night at 7:00 p.m. (Friday 6/4/2012)

I've heard about this digital delay but I didn't realise it was that long. lol