Mr Swift's Annual Vocal Concerts (1843-48)

RichardB

Mr. Swift's Annual Concert,all vocal concerts, held in the Music Hall, Sheffield:

6/11/43 - Principal performers: Miss Whitnall, Miss Saunders, Mr Ryalls, Mr Inkersall, and Mr Flint with Mr E. Jones at the piano.

15/10/44 - Principal performers: Mrs Sunderland, Miss Valentine, Mr Ryalls, Mr Inkersall, and Mr Flint with Mr Jones at the piano.

3/10/48 - Prinicpal performers: Mrs Sunderland, Mrs Parkes, Miss Burdekin, Mr Ryalls, Mr Webster, Mr Walker, Mr Flint, Mr Ellis

Guest Lostmarbles67

Hi Richard , I'd be interested to hear from you if you have any further info on the sheffield music halls especially from 1860 - 1896 , My Gr Gr Grandfather was called Henry Hudson Swift and worked the Sheffield Music halls around that period of time , some other family members were also actors/vocalists but haven't got round to looking into it any further as of yet , cheers

Richard

Guest Lostmarbles67

P.s - Noticed also you are researching Publicans , another Gr Grandfather was called Sam Godfrey and I believe he had a couple of pubs around the Scotland street area , don't have any names though !

P.s - Noticed also you are researching Publicans , another Gr Grandfather was called Sam Godfrey and I believe he had a couple of pubs around the Scotland street area , don't have any names though !

Link,

1922 to1925 Sam Godfrey

Henry Hudson Swift, Professional Actor, 1881 Census - 102 Wentworth Street

Hi Richard , I'd be interested to hear from you if you have any further info on the sheffield music halls especially from 1860 - 1896 , My Gr Gr Grandfather was called Henry Hudson Swift and worked the Sheffield Music halls around that period of time , some other family members were also actors/vocalists but haven't got round to looking into it any further as of yet , cheers Richard

1871 Census

Hi Richard , I'd be interested to hear from you if you have any further info on the sheffield music halls especially from 1860 - 1896 , My Gr Gr Grandfather was called Henry Hudson Swift and worked the Sheffield Music halls around that period of time , some other family members were also actors/vocalists but haven't got round to looking into it any further as of yet , cheers

Richard

1861 Census Henry H Swift, 111 Hanover Street (going entirely in the wrong direction to answer your question, but, Hey-ho).

Richard

Henry Swift 1851 Census

Richard

Publicans has been an ongoing obsession for over five years - any and all information gratefully received then passed along to "The Boss" for processing (Ukelele Lady, that would be).

and an incomprehensible comment to finish off ...

"Mr Swift, may, or indeed, may not be "Twiss" from Reminicsences ... a bunch of old blokes wobbling on, Leader "outed" Twiss as someone called Swift in Sheffield in the 18th Century, the original ramblings are available online - Link Fairies, one step forrward.