Trader Horn

RichardB

Cinema House, Fargate Trader Horn, showing 26th October 1931.

My Father went to see this, not sure if it was this showing or a later one (he would have been 11 at the time). In the 1970's he got me to write to the BBC to see if the film was still in existance, apparently it's not.

<object width="400" height="325" id="ep"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://i.cdn.turner.com/v5cache/TCM/cvp/container/mediaroom_embed.swf?context=embed&videoId=16957" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/v5cache/TCM/cvp/container/mediaroom_embed.swf?context=embed&videoId=16957" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="325"></embed></object>

Trader Horn was the first feature film to be shot on location in Africa, and was remade in 1973

Thank you Steve, my Father would have liked that. God only knows what impact a film like that would have made in 1931.

No idea if it is the 1973 remake or not but I once saw a VHS video of Trader Horne (no sleeve) in a swop shop bought it but it wasn't quite what I expected - lots of "wild life" but no "wildlife".

No idea if it is the 1973 remake or not but I once saw a VHS video of Trader Horne (no sleeve) in a swop shop bought it but it wasn't quite what I expected - lots of "wild life" but no "wildlife".

Didn't Ebony Plumpers make an appearance in that version ?

Very funny, no idea who Ebony Plumpers might be and I'd best not ask.

Didn't Ebony Plumpers make an appearance in that version ?