Prisoners Wives (BBC)

Has anyone worked out where Harriets House was filmed?

I'm pretty sure it's Crookes area, but where exactly I'm not sure.

It is Crookes, 23 Moor Oaks Road.

(episode 05)

It is Crookes, 23 Moor Oaks Road.

Yes I'd got that one as well eventually Steve. I recognised it in the last episode, which had a view looking down the hill towards Richer Sounds.

I don't think it is Moor Oaks Rd. If someone can post a pic a few seconds earlier than the one above it certainly isn't the junction where Richer Sounds is.

I don't think it is Moor Oaks Rd. If someone can post a pic a few seconds earlier than the one above it certainly isn't the junction where Richer Sounds is.

Episode 6.

Ahh yes, and No!

I can make it out from the last two pics from the show, although I think your first link VOX is a few doors up. The house now has a redish coloured door.

BUT, I think I've been caught out by a scene trick where Lou was walking up a road before crossing over. It's near the beginning of the episode 5 I think, there's a voice over of a judge telling her to reside at 23 Northfield Rd S10. The road behind her bends slightly to the left and there is a distinctive building in the background which is not the bottom of Moor Oaks Rd. I've deleted it now and don't know how to copy scenes to put on here anyway - If someone else can find it though?

Ahh yes, and No!

I can make it out from the last two pics from the show, although I think your first link VOX is a few doors up. The house now has a redish coloured door.

BUT, I think I've been caught out by a scene trick where Lou was walking up a road before crossing over. It's near the beginning of the episode 5 I think, there's a voice over of a judge telling her to reside at 23 Northfield Rd S10. The road behind her bends slightly to the left and there is a distinctive building in the background which is not the bottom of Moor Oaks Rd. I've deleted it now and don't know how to copy scenes to put on here anyway - If someone else can find it though?

The hill that Lou walks up prior to the house scene is Elmore Road, (filmed from near the top),

note the wall, bottom L/H side,

the distinctive buildings that can be seen in the backdrop are at the bottom of Marlborough Road.

episode 5.

image courtesy of Google

OK, saw a few familiar views but couldn't place the football park or Fran's Dads House. The flat is one of those above Blisful Daze on Glossop Rd, along with a passing tram.

The field where the football match was staged is Mather Road, off Prince of Wales.

Absolutely correct Steve, - my wife, a Darnall lass who attended Waltheof school has a brother who went to Acres Hill school just off Mather Road and she identified the field as Acres Hill school field while she was watching it.

Not so sure of the park but she is convinced it is the same area, could be High Hazels or somewhere like that but we haven't been in the local parks down there for years, even though her father still lives on the Darnall.

Guest busy lizzy

Is this show any good then?

I havent seen it but it is a good incentive too when it is filmed around Sheffield

When did they film this then?

I havent seen it but it is a good incentive too when it is filmed around Sheffield

We only watch it for the Sheffield locations.

I'm no fan of dramas like this so for me the plot of secondary to the locations and if it wasn't filmed locally I probably wouldn't bother watching it.

Well directed, with good actors and a very good story line.

It's worth watching !