TODAY !!!! - Meetup for lunch and walk round Sheffield !

Sheffield History

THIS SATURDAY !!

SATURDAY 5TH MAY

Sheffield History website meetup

Come and meet other members for lunch, drinks, and then a walk around Sheffield City Centre with your cameras shooting pictures of buildings that we all know and love (many of which are due for demolition to be lost forever)

Absolutely EVERYONE is welcome - and you are more than welcome to bring your friends along with you too.

Lunch at the Fat Cat is fantastic too - great food and it won't cost the earth neither

If you would like to come - simply reply to this post or turn up on the day at the Fat Cat and enjoy a nice relaxed day in Sheffield in the sunshine !

Meeting time - 12:30pm

Venue - Fat Cat

Cost - FREE !

(just a case of paying for your own lunch/drinks)

http://www.sheffieldhistory.co.uk/forums/i...&event_id=3

Well we did it, The meeting that is and it went well it was very nice to meet Admin and other SH members the Atmosphere was first class the conversation very informative and i can't wait to see the photos and new topics that the meeting will have generated' Sorry i could not go on the photo forage due to my leg problem.

Well done Admin ( This year The Black Cat next year The Cutlers Hall ).

ha ha !!

thanks mate - great to meet everyone

we didnt' stay out long for pics - but did venture up pitsmoor for some shots which I'll upload later on

was amazed how many turned up - and how well it went so THANK YOU EVERYONE !!!

It was great. Just wished I had got there a bit earlier for the Stake and Ale pie.(but not the yellow gravy!)

Was a bit of a giggle chasing round in the cars trying to find a HUGE building on the hill which disapered when we got there.

Great meeting must do it again. :)

Anyone got a name for that building?? Nice view from there, I must go back on a clear day. Thanks for the lift there and back.

Sue

Heres one of the other shots I took from round the corner of that building.

It might help identifying it a little.....

Thanks for the lift there and back.

Sue

Glad you got home safe.

Charlie told me off for dropping you off there!! lol

Thanks everybody for a great afternoon.

Having not been back to Sheffield for a few years I was amazed by the changes.

Heres one of the other shots I took from round the corner of that building.

It might help identifying it a little.....

Somali Community Centre, or something similar ???

Had a great time. Glad I could stay awake for the whole thing. Pity the museum was closed but will get down before I go home. Hoping to get access to my my friend Bob's archive before I go back too

Glad to hear you had a good time - and sorry I didn't make it - friends had my day organised for me before I got back from Canada and I was whisked away for a day out! I'm off to live/work in Greece on Friday, but will keep my eye on the site from there.

My old school sorry to see it like that i've many happy memories of going there

Hi darra You being an x pupil of Pye Bank do you know when they stopped giving out these out for punctual attendance and good conduct.

Hi darra You being an x pupil of Pye Bank do you know when they stopped giving out these out for punctual attendance and good conduct.

never seen one of those before