Got My Sheffield Calendar This Week!

THYLACINE

Guest Cyberman

That is absolutely diabolical!!! :o

My brother works for a printing company at Attercliffe (Sheffield) and like many other printing companies in this day and age and economic climate they are always short of work and looking out for new jobs and contracts.

The printing of a local calendar could quite easily have been contracted out to a local printer, - there are plenty to chose from and I bet all of them would have gladly taken the job on.

Couldn't agree more. I have friends and connections in the local sheffield and doncaster printing industry and I can assure you trade is in a bad way for local printers with no sign of a reprieve on the horizon. Its very rare that these local printers print items for sale abroad like an italian calendar. So how come an overseas company gets the contract for the sheffield calendar?

Couldn't agree more. I have friends and connections in the local sheffield and doncaster printing industry and I can assure you trade is in a bad way for local printers with no sign of a reprieve on the horizon. Its very rare that these local printers print items for sale abroad like an italian calendar. So how come an overseas company gets the contract for the sheffield calendar?

I have noticed, because I look for these details in the small print, that most books these days, in the English language and often about Britain itself, are usually printed in a wide variety of foreign countries.

As Cyberman says, this is a very sorry state of affairs for our printing industry and totally unneccessary.

British printers don't even get to print foreign books, in foreign languages, about foreign countries so it is hardly part of a "reciprocal deal" like we probably have with the EU countries.

I think it is more a case of "where can we get it done cheapest?"

'Am not one to cause trouble but here are all the lurid details.

Never heard of that March one, - where is it?

All the rest are well known.