1901 Workhouse Census Help Please

togger

Hello All,

I am trying to find Alberta A Beckett. Now, Alberta was a trainee hospital nurse at the Sheffield Union Workhouse Infirmary from 1899 to 1902 when she qualified as a nurse on 9th August 1902.

I have looked on the 1901 Census under her name and the workhouse but cannot find her. I am obviously doing something wrong, so, i thought i would ask the forum to see if you can help me please?

Regards

Glynn

What a top man, and first attempt. I owe you a very large beer my friend, thank you.

I dont suppose she is still there on the 1911 census by any stretch of the imagination ?

I almost couldn't miss Alberta in 1901, I typed in Fred Wildebeest, Pork Strangler of Romford, born 1674 at one point and got Alberta !

Done some quick looking.

Alberta was born 1877 Masbro, yorkshire. She went to Sheffield Union Workhouse in 1899 and passed out as a nurse in August 1902. From then it would seem she married in 1904 to a John George Christoffer Tyssen and there the trail goes cold for me i am afraid. But, at least i know somwthing i did not know several hours ago :)

Don't be a stranger, we're pretty good at some of this stuff and others maybe able to help more when they awaken from thier earthern-graves ... sounds like Halloween.

Vox and Ceegee are good with Crookes, Vox follows the path of the werewolves ... probably.

Done some quick looking.

Alberta was born 1877 Masbro, yorkshire. She went to Sheffield Union Workhouse in 1899 and passed out as a nurse in August 1902. From then it would seem she married in 1904 to a John George Christoffer Tyssen and there the trail goes cold for me i am afraid. But, at least i know somwthing i did not know several hours ago :)

Tyssen Death.

If only everything was this easy ! See what happens when you chip in and say please nicely like you did. lol

July-September 1904 then ...

Done some quick looking.

Oh wow, what a gentleman and now i owe you several beers. Thank you so much you are an absolute star sir.

Do we have meetings because i mean it about those beers

Regards

Glynn

I may be owed several beers by a few people, however, I'm not local since 1981 and I'm an infrequent visitor back home - 20 times maybe in 30 years.

You can fill in our customer satisfaction survey if you like :

It runs :

SheffieldHistory : Free, Polite, Helpful

That's what we aim for; what we need is several hundred "you's" with questions to keep people like me entertained; any questions will do, we're up for it, we just need the prod to gee us along; lots of good folks here willing and able to answer the questions that you might find "difficult" - at least we're willing and happy to give it a go.

Just as a thought, it might be a birthday of mine upcoming, and I might be visiting Sheffield at some point - possibly - depending on well - "stuff" (health stuff, don't ask)