Granville Lane

togger

Hi everyone,

Just a quick question. I have a relative that says they lived on Granville Lane. I have looked in the map section, but cannot find any reference to Granville Lane. Was there such a Lane and if so , where was it please?

Granville Lane ran parallel to, and to the east of Granville Street.

It can be seen on the It is on the bottom two maps, to the right of "Midland Station".

Hi everyone,

Just a quick question. I have a relative that says they lived on Granville Lane. I have looked in the map section, but cannot find any reference to Granville Lane. Was there such a Lane and if so , where was it please?

Hi Togger

See this topic about Granville Lane is covered there.

Although since I took the photo's in that topic some parkland development work has taken place on the bank, and some of Granville Lane may have been lost.

Thanks all. Now i know why i cant find it on the maps on the site - because that one is missing, oh well maybe it will materialise one day. Now, how do i find out which house was number 42 Granville lane ?

Glynn

Gets more interesting in 1901 !

Start looking in 1901, 1891 Census for Mrs Sarah Ann Lee, shopkeeper, 42 Granville Lane, Park (Kelly's 1893)

Thanks all. Now i know why i cant find it on the maps on the site - because that one is missing, oh well maybe it will materialise one day. Now, how do i find out which house was number 42 Granville lane ?

Glynn

Here is a more detailed 1903 map, #02 was at the Bungay Street end of Granville Lane.

Link to Flash Earth

Granville Lane is still technically there but its the Tram route at the back of the Station. One picture shows the length of the Lane and the other the type of housing that your relatives probably lived in.

Granville Lane s02658

Granville Lane s05883

To be precise tozzin,

the Super Tram runs on what was Granville Street, this 1905 map shows

Link to Flash Earth