1870 Census Search Help

hilldweller

1891 Census.

Civil Registration event: Marriage Name: MORRIS, Thomas Registration District: Rotherham County: Yorkshire Year of Registration: 1884 Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep Spouse's last name: Not available before 1912 Volume No: 9C Page No: 772 MarriageFinder: Thomas Morris married one of the following people BRADFORD, Ellen SMITH, Elizabeth Ann

1891 Census. Civil Registration event: Marriage Name: MORRIS, Thomas Registration District: Rotherham County: Yorkshire Year of Registration: 1884 Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep Spouse's last name: Not available before 1912 Volume No: 9C Page No: 772 MarriageFinder: Thomas Morris married one of the following people BRADFORD, Ellen SMITH, Elizabeth Ann

Thank you for that Syrup.

The marriage that my wife is interested in is that of Thomas to his first wife Mary Pawson who it seems was born in Anston circa 1848. According to what I can find out on FreeBMD this first marriage took place April/June 1866 in Sheffield. I've ruled out this Mary Pawson being the daughter of Henry Pawson, she was too old, perhaps she was his sister.

HD

Dun Street, Carbrook ?

That's what I'm trying to find out, I don't think there is or has ever been a Dun Street Carbrook.

Thank you for that Syrup.

The marriage that my wife is interested in is that of Thomas to his first wife Mary Pawson who it seems was born in Anston circa 1848. According to what I can find out on FreeBMD this first marriage took place April/June 1866 in Sheffield. I've ruled out this Mary Pawson being the daughter of Henry Pawson, she was too old, perhaps she was his sister.

HD

1861 Census.

Civil Registration event: Marriage

Name:

PAWSON, Mary

Registration District:

Sheffield

County:

Yorkshire

Year of Registration:

Quarter of Registration:

Apr-May-Jun

Volume No:

9C

Page No:

MORRIS, Thomas

You could start your own independent religious order with radical views like that !

The Independent New Non-Connexion Order of Non-Believers in Dun Street, Carbrook

has a certain ring to it ...

That's what I'm trying to find out, I don't think there is or has ever been a Dun Street Carbrook.

Thank you to all who have helped me in this quest.

It seems that any relationship to Henry Pawson, publisher, would be distant if it existed at all.

We were basing the link on the fact that Mary Pawson apparently brought a substantial dowry to her marriage which was passed eventually to her children after her death.

If her father was a farmer then perhaps that's where the money came from.

HD

Oh Yes There Has.

According to Chris Hobbs site, Dun Street was renamed Dunlop Street sometime after 1870.

Simples.

HD

Never believed in Ukelele Lady's weird Religious Sect ...

Allsop, Joseph (Shopkeepers)., Dun Street, Attercliffe, Carbrook. White's 1871.

Alsop, Joseph, Beer House, Dun Street, Attercliffe, Carbrook. White's 1871.

Brown, Thomas, Hosier, Dun Street, Attercliffe, Carbrook. White's 1871.

Carson, William, Joiners & Builders, Dun Street & Sheffield, Attercliffe, Carbrook.White's 1871. (a bit of question over this I admit)

Clayton, William, Beer House, Dun Street, Attercliffe, Carbrook. White's 1871.

Cooper, Thomas, Shopkeeper, Dun Street, Attercliffe, Carbrook, White's 1871.

I gave up once I saw Tommy Cooper ... How's That ?

Oh Yes There Has.

According to Chris Hobbs site, Dun Street was renamed Dunlop Street sometime after 1870.

Simples.

HD

19 pages of 1871 Census says there was ...

This is page 1 from the district - which means numbers 1-46 are elsewhere district-wise.

If you need the other 18 or lower street numbers let me know and I'll ignore you :P

19 pages of 1871 Census says there was ...

Here's an image of Henrys Willey (King's Head) in 1871 ...

I'm looking for the 1871 census of Dun Street, namely the Kings Head ??

Never believed in Ukelele Lady's weird Religious Sect ...

Allsop, Joseph (Shopkeepers)., Dun Street, Attercliffe, Carbrook. White's 1871.

Alsop, Joseph, Beer House, Dun Street, Attercliffe, Carbrook. White's 1871.

Brown, Thomas, Hosier, Dun Street, Attercliffe, Carbrook. White's 1871.

Carson, William, Joiners & Builders, Dun Street & Sheffield, Attercliffe, Carbrook.White's 1871. (a bit of question over this I admit)

Clayton, William, Beer House, Dun Street, Attercliffe, Carbrook. White's 1871.

Cooper, Thomas, Shopkeeper, Dun Street, Attercliffe, Carbrook, White's 1871.

I gave up once I saw Tommy Cooper ... How's That ?

Well I never :o .I've search through all Kelly's address books from early 1800s

to about 1946. Obviously there are some years not available and 1871 must have

been one of them although Dunlop street was in them .

I'll set 'em up HD, you kick 'em through the posts !

With a left leg that looks as though it ought to belong to a Yeti, if I were to kick it, they'd be looking at it coming down in the next county

HD