Catchbar Lane I Think?

Guest Alanpban

Am I right in thinking that this may be catchbar lane...Al

The road with the tram on is Middlewood Road, and the road to the left is Wadsley Lane.

Thanks...amazing pics...love em ..Al

It could be a better shot - not enough of the tram in view (but then I would say that :)).It is a fine period shot of the area which hasn't changed that much really. It even has tram lines again, although there are no lines into Parkside Road any more.

I rather like the motor vehicle at the bottom of Wadsley Lane. Any car experts like to identify it for us.

If the tram is number 17 (it looks like that to me) and it is the Hillsborough terminus then the photo must have been taken in 1913. This was the year that car 17 (one of the original 1899 cars) was fitted with a top cover as can be seen in this photo, and in late 1913 the line was extended to Middlewood.

How the heck do you know all that...wow....Al... lol

The clue is in the list of interests under my avatar. It mentions trams three times :wacko:.

I am just a bit obsessive about trams, especially Sheffield trams and have too much information in my head and too many books on the subject. Hence I can waffle on and on and on about trams.

Where the big sign is pointing to The Park Hotel was my barbers in the early 1970's. I went to Parkside School - next to the tram.

The section that says Park Hotel was demolished last year, there was a sandwich shop and a hairdressers there,

what I didn't know is that the section that was demolished seems to be the old pub.

As we know the new [ semi new ] one stands well behind that.

Interesting shot of transport generally. In that one small area there's a tram, two horse-drawn carts, a motor-car, a motorcycle and sidecar, and a handcart.

There is a dirty great big hand pointing up the hill...

So there is. . . not too good a picture.

A picture taken from a picture but better than nowt.

Guest bullerboy

Where the big sign is pointing to The Park Hotel was my barbers in the early 1970's. I went to Parkside School - next to the tram.

That would be Ernest who lived at Deepcar I think,I always went there.