£ Sign

RichardB

The £ sign used to have two horizontal lines, not that I can find a post with one displayed - when did it become £ with one line please ?

Same happened to the $ sign

Is it to do with 2 stokes in traditional written works and early type fonts, but one stroke in many of the numerous and now more popular modern computer truetype fonts.

Does, for example a £ in Comic Sans look different (with a different number of strokes) to a £ in Courier or Times New Roman?

If the £ has been reduced to 1 stroke, and the $ also reduced to one stroke, how mant strokes does a € have?

It looks like 2 to me

WHAT!!!!

The £ and $ have been devalued and the € hasn't :blink:

Fancy having a strong 2 stroked Euro, while several of the Eurozone countries are actually skint and in big debt!

Is it to do with 2 stokes in traditional written works and early type fonts, but one stroke in many of the numerous and now more popular modern computer truetype fonts.

Does, for example a £ in Comic Sans look different (with a different number of strokes) to a £ in Courier or Times New Roman?

If the £ has been reduced to 1 stroke, and the $ also reduced to one stroke, how mant strokes does a € have?

It looks like 2 to me

WHAT!!!!

The £ and $ have been devalued and the € hasn't :blink:

Fancy having a strong 2 stroked Euro, while several of the Eurozone countries are actually skint and in big debt!

The Euro having 2 strokes goes with the two-stroke economy, phut phut phut phut pop pop pop.

HD

The Euro having 2 strokes goes with the two-stroke economy, phut phut phut phut pop pop pop.

HD

I'm no economist BUT

Doesn't anyone else find it strange that that we are told that the Euro is a currency in crisis, we are told that several Eurozone countries are skint and in ridiculous amounts of debt and the bigger countries in this situation cannot be "bailed out" because there just isn't enough money in Europe to do it, we are told that the Euro is doomed, the Euro is about to go under and that it's a good job that Britain didn't join the Euro, what a lucky escape we had there.

Why then is the Euro holding it's value against the pound so well?

I don't see any hyperinflation in Europe, I don't see an exchange rate changing so that I can now get ever increasing amounts of Euro's to the pound. I can still only get roughly the same exchange rate on the Euro that I could 2 years ago before all this economic crisis started. No one is offering me millions of Euros to the pound because the Euro is now worthless are they.

Like everything else to do with money there is a fiddle going on somewhere.

How can all these countries be in debt anyway?

For every debtor there must be a creditor.

If ALL the major, rich countries in the World are in debt, - who do they owe the money to? :huh:

Somebody somewhere must be making on it.