All In A Day

Guest BensonR

I've just joined the site, and reading this forum with interest I couldn't see any mention of the BBC documentary from the 1970s called All In A Day, which captures events in Sheffield on a single day in 1973. I love this film. I see someone has uploaded a good chunk of it on YouTube, starting here:

Hope this post is OK!

Guest Trefcon

Thanks for posting that BensonR, the couple right at the beginning were my great Aunt and Uncle, 'Cissie' and Harold Dransfield !

Guest BensonR

Thanks for the reply sheffieldsoldier, that's amazing. Your great aunt and uncle are my favourite characters in the whole film. The part where Harold gets his gift in recognition of retirement after his long service to the firm brings a lump to my throat - a scene from a lost world. Also the washing at the kitchen sink brings back a few memories!

I saw this when it was on BBC4 a few years ago and loved it. Wish I'd found a way to record it. The house that the bus crashes into is on Bole Hill Road, just down the road from me!

Guest jess_mitch989

Gosh I thought this was my Grandad for a moment - he too was called Harold Dransfield and he had a sister called Cissi, they are of Mirfield though.

Small world ey!!!

Thanks for posting that BensonR, the couple right at the beginning were my great Aunt and Uncle, 'Cissie' and Harold Dransfield !

You must be very proud - what a lovely couple. Your great Uncle receiving his retirement gift was very touching and I too agree that they were the stars of the film.