Memory/data Card For Mobiles - Question.

RichardB

How big do memory/data cards go these days please ? Got an 8Gb one at present; supplier willing to go bigger (I an the named account holder for 140 handsets) but I've no idea. I've got a lot of music but I've never yet worked out how to do anything other than make calls, use the alarm clock and access here - I've got a1.5Gb data allowance per month but never managed to use more than 45Mb - I have the option of mobile access point, but I've got wireless at home and at work, so, it's all a bit of a waste.

Your account is currently £21,000 - how many handsets would you like to add ? (Lots of international stuff), still a hell of a lot of money for 3 months bills.

Something of an "in-joke" at work - RichardB - never met a man less interested in mobile phones - let's give him the task .... Do you want Desire S or Desire Sensations ? How would I know, both sound like boxes of chocolates from the 70's ... they are not for me, I don't care - send something then I'll press some buttons like an amateur and send 'em out.

Something of an "in-joke" at work - RichardB - never met a man less interested in mobile phones - let's give him the task .... Do you want Desire S or Desire Sensations ? How would I know, both sound like boxes of chocolates from the 70's ... they are not for me, I don't care - send something then I'll press some buttons like an amateur and send 'em out.

eee , I remember the days when a phone was a thing to talk to people with, if you wanted to listen to music you turned on the gramaphone :)

Any way, I like my Iphone 4S better than the 3 lol You can talk to it and ask questions

How big do memory/data cards go these days please ? Got an 8Gb one at present; supplier willing to go bigger (I an the named account holder for 140 handsets) but I've no idea. I've got a lot of music but I've never yet worked out how to do anything other than make calls, use the alarm clock and access here - I've got a1.5Gb data allowance per month but never managed to use more than 45Mb - I have the option of mobile access point, but I've got wireless at home and at work, so, it's all a bit of a waste. Your account is currently £21,000 - how many handsets would you like to add ? (Lots of international stuff), still a hell of a lot of money for 3 months bills.

You can get 32GB micro SD cards, I don't know if you can getter larger ones.

You can get 32GB micro SD cards, I don't know if you can getter larger ones.

Be careful here.

You can get big memory cards but not all devices will support the larger capacity.

eee , I remember the days when a phone was a thing to talk to people with, if you wanted to listen to music you turned on the gramaphone :)

Don't need to remember those days.

Still got a landline talk to people only phone (a proper phone)

Still got a gramophone (a record player) for listening to music on.

Just because it's modern times, just because its 2011, you don't think these things are obsolete do you?

Don't need to remember those days.

Still got a landline talk to people only phone (a proper phone)

Still got a gramophone (a record player) for listening to music on.

Just because it's modern times, just because its 2011, you don't think these things are obsolete do you?

Just like me Dave, Still got the record player that plays LPs , 45s and also 78s.

Refuse to have a dishwasher or a tumble dryer and only recently been talked into a microwave.

Still read teletext , it always offers the most up todate news .

But I do like some mod-cons like opening and closing of curtains on a timer or with remote. he he

Still got the record player that plays LPs , 45s and also 78s.

As the vinyl record is going on for 65 John Lewis are saying its cool to be seen spinning records again. As not many people have anything to play them on anymore they are promoting their latest USB record players along with a limited stock of vinyl recordings, including some LPs. So there is hope for my 78s yet ! W/E.

Still read teletext , it always offers the most up todate news .

I thought that Teletext had ended with analogue TV broadcasting as it no longer seems to be available on the digital services.

As the vinyl record is going on for 65 John Lewis are saying its cool to be seen spinning records again. As not many people have anything to play them on anymore they are promoting their latest USB record players along with a limited stock of vinyl recordings, including some LPs. So there is hope for my 78s yet ! W/E.

Your 45's and LP's are made of vinyl.

Your old 78's are made of shellac, - unlike vinyl, which is flexible the 78's are heavier, rigid and brittle.

I'm not sure when records made of vinyl actually first came in, but 78's were still available until 1960, so not quite 65 years ago.

However, the first LP's go back to the early 1950's and they have always been made of vinyl, - they were probably developed in the post war 1940's, pushing it towards the 65 years John Lewis's quote.

I thought that Teletext had ended with analogue TV broadcasting as it no longer seems to be available on the digital services.

Teletex still exists, so does the texting on screen for Thursday night Question Time.

They had to update it and make it available or there would have been an uproar with people like me.

Come on Dave , keep up , move with the times and try it out on your remote.

Still available on digital.

Teletex still exists, so does the texting on screen for Thursday night Question Time.

They had to update it and make it available or there would have been an uproar with people like me.

Come on Dave , keep up , move with the times and try it out on your remote.

Still available on digital.

I thought digital had improved vastly on teletext.

On my TV remote the "red button" opens all sorts of digital TV extras, in the same definition as the TV picture itself, giving lots of extra program bits and information.

I thought this "red button" service had replaced Teletext and that the slow loading pages and chunky low resolution 8 colour graphics were now gone.

In fact my remote has no buttons on it to allow access to TeleText / CeeFax / Oracle although it does still have the 4 coloured buttons.

Surely the "red button" and things like BBCi are better than Teletext anyway.