Old Asda @ Orgreave/handsworth

Guest Danny

Hi

I am at work and have limited access to the internet (primarily Google Earth) and wondered if anyone could get hold of an old aerial shot of Orgreave to show the exact location of the old Asda?

Thanks

Dan

Hi

I am at work and have limited access to the internet (primarily Google Earth) and wondered if anyone could get hold of an old aerial shot of Orgreave to show the exact location of the old Asda?

Thanks

Dan

Looks like the old Asda has been demolished

Courtesy of Google

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&amp;source=s_q&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=&amp;q=Orgreave+Road,+Sheffield&amp;aq=0&amp;sll=53.373485,-1.372272&amp;sspn=0.004826,0.013937&amp;vpsrc=0&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;hq=&amp;hnear=Orgreave+Rd,+Sheffield,+South+Yorkshire+S13+9LQ,+United+Kingdom&amp;t=h&amp;z=14&amp;ll=53.37221,-1.371102&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&amp;source=embed&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=&amp;q=Orgreave+Road,+Sheffield&amp;aq=0&amp;sll=53.373485,-1.372272&amp;sspn=0.004826,0.013937&amp;vpsrc=0&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;hq=&amp;hnear=Orgreave+Rd,+Sheffield,+South+Yorkshire+S13+9LQ,+United+Kingdom&amp;t=h&amp;z=14&amp;ll=53.37221,-1.371102" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

Thanks Stuart

I know it has gone, I was just curious where the old shop used to sit exactly. I did do a bit of investigative deduction yesterday from Google maps and found what looked like old entrance/exit roads and deduced it was where your arrow is pointing.

I can remember going when younger, but as i didnt drive i didnt take any notice where we actually were.

Also, it seems the photos i once found on PS of the old Asda have been removed, indeed searching for Asda on PS brings back one image. I am certain there used to be many more pictures thatn that on there.

Dan

Guest joepeacockblade

danny, if you walk along highfield lane on the side that the old asda used to be, you'll come accoss the old entrance for cars, alll blocked off now but if you carry on walking the old pathway that went straight to the main entrance is still there and easy to get onto (you just have to step over a small wall)

if you get onto the path and walk to the bottom that is exacly where the old entrance used to be.

Hello,

An aerial picture of the old ASDA is still available on Google Earth. Once loaded up, zero in on the location of where the ASDA used to be then click on the clock at the top of the page. This opens up a slider which then needs to be moved back to 1999 and the ASDA is there again. Nice pic that does absolutely no justice at all to the lethal slope of the car park.

Hello,

An aerial picture of the old ASDA is still available on Google Earth. Once loaded up, zero in on the location of where the ASDA used to be then click on the clock at the top of the page. This opens up a slider which then needs to be moved back to 1999 and the ASDA is there again. Nice pic that does absolutely no justice at all to the lethal slope of the car park.

Yeah, I know you can do that, I was just at work when I made the original post and didnt have access to Google Earth.

Cheers tho