Old Pics Of Sheffield Skyline?

Guest MrSheffield

Guest MrSheffield

Hi all I.v just thought I would start thread about the old Sheffield skyline and how much it has changed compared to now. So if anyone has any old Sheffield skyline pics then please add them here. I'v also started a topic on the same thing on flickr on my new group Sheffield Skyline if anybody would be interested to join and add their old skyline pics?here is the link

http://www.flickr.co...57628120382088/

Here is one of my old skyline pics.

New Sheffield Under Construction by Richard Cartawick(Mr Brightside), on Flickr

Hi all I.v just thought I would start thread about the old Sheffield skyline and how much it has changed compared to now. So if anyone has any old Sheffield skyline pics then please add them here. I'v also started a topic on the same thing on flickr on my new group Sheffield Skyline if anybody would be interested to join and add their old skyline pics?here is the link

http://www.flickr.co...57628120382088/

Here is one of my old skyline pics.

New Sheffield Under Construction by Richard Cartawick(Mr Brightside), on Flickr

Welcome to Sheffield History MrSheffield and thank you for posting.

Somewhere on this site there are already quite a few Sheffield skyline pictures but they seem to be spread across several topics so it is just a matter of tracking them down and finding them.

I know a couple of years or so ago both me and SteveHB did a few panoramic shots from various locations, and some of them differed sufficiently in age to allow them to be used as "then and now" shots, like these 2 of the City taken from the bottom of Norfolk Park in 2003 and 2008

I am interested in the view north from wicker railway line around the late 1960's. Preferably 1968. So if anyone has the them post them. Or 1970's of the same.