Pye Bank School, 1954 - 1960 Ish

Sheffield Col

Hi is there any out there who attended Pye Bank infants / juniors between the years 1954- 1960? I would like to hear from any of my old classmates. Some names I can recall are George Littlewood, Roy Gregory, Jeffrey Burke, Ronnie Taylor, Philip Biggins, Alan Kelsey, Jennifer Russell, Howard Snape, Valerie Roxborough, Charlie Street, Ken Savage, Vicky Udall, Maxwell Richardson, Susan Butler, Clifford Buck. These are the names I can recall at the moment, no doubt more will come later. I know Three others who are no longer with us, Peter Campbell, Frankie Lemons, and Paul Bradley. Perhaps there are others also no longer with us.

Hi Just seen this. Frankie Lemons died many years ago (30+). I'm trying to find his brother Ian if you have any information

4 hours ago, darra said:

Hi Just seen this. Frankie Lemons died many years ago (30+). I'm trying to find his brother Ian if you have any information

So we meet again.

Hi buddy, not seen Ian for a few years but the last time I did he was with Paul Bramhall in the Pitsmoor pub. Paul now has the Normanton pub just off Ellesmere Rd. If you contact him he may be able to help. Hope you are well.

I'm guessing you might be Mr Flannagan?

Yes mate I'm well and enjoying retirement, two years 1st April. Might give that a try be nice to catch up with a few people Tony Wild for instance.

How you doing?

Correct buddy,

I retired 5th November 2010, fortunately they didn't throw me on the bonfire. Also enjoying retirement and keeping fairly well, had to have a new hip and that made life a lot easier.

I think a few of the old crowd go in the pub, if you're on Facebook look for Pitsmoorians of the past or other Pitsmoor linked pages. there has been a couple of reunions in the Normanton of late.

Have you heard they are planning a new school on the land at the opposite end of the old one ( Pye Bank Drive?)  from the rec and keeping the old as part of the new, offices probably.

Hi Darra, I may be able to get some info about Ian Lemons whereabouts, I will let you know when I have any info via this site.