Chuck Ranch - Holme Lane - Hillsborough - Remember It ?

Sheffield History

Anyone remember 'Chuck Ranch' on Holme Lane at Hillsborough ?

Burnt to the ground in the 1980's it had the schoolkids of the day coming up with their own stories as to why/how it happened but that's not the point of this post

I'm looking for photos of the place either internal or external pics

Anyone know how to find some pics of this infamous diner ?

Guest K Sheff

Chuck Ranch - Holme Lane - Hillsborough - Remember It ?

As far as I can remember, I think that the Chuck Ranch burnt down in about 1984 in the early hours of the Morning after someone left the Chip pan on?

Guest plain talker
Guest paulgazzer

Surely someone must own the site, or is it council owned. The sheet barricades occasionally are renewed by someone but who.

Was the "Chuck Ranch" at Hillsborough in any way connected with "Uncle Sams Chuck Wagon" which was on Ecclesall Road near the Collegiate Crescent site at around the same time?

"Uncle Sams" is still there on Ecclesall Rd, now extended into the shop next door.

I don't think it was the same owner as Chuck Ranch, just a similar themed diner.

I think the person who owned Uncle Sams sold it, and then opened "Yankees" a bit further up the road.

He also opened one on Berkley Precinct, with a similar theme, but Australian rather than American.

The Aussie one wasn't there for very long. I can't remember what it was called but I'm sure someone will put a name to it sooner or later.

I went in a few months before it burned down...As an earlier contributor said , "still an eyesore"...but, hey, it's at the wrong end of town...had it been in one of our more affluent suburbs it would have been tidied up long ago...No matter the cost!