All Saints Church Pitsmoor

Guest paulgazzer

Guest Barbara M

I know All Saints School was at the top of Lyons Street & there is a cross for a church there too on my old '80's map of Sheffield .

Probably in the right area , why not try google ?

Barbara

Guest Barbara M

I think it may have been pulled down, the one I was thinking about is known as All Saints Brightside,which is no longer in existance.

See attached map

Barbara

My Mum and Dad got married there in 1935 and I feel sure that it was on Ellesmere road. I will see if it has the church address on their marriage certificate when I can dig it out.

Brilliant Steve reading about how it was and knowing how it is now was an eye opener not everything changes for the better does it.

Brilliant Steve reading about how it was and knowing how it is now was an eye opener not everything changes for the better does it.

Old churches have an atmosphere,

that will never be replaced by building a new un.

Here is a picture of All Saints church & the associated Junior school taken before it was demolished in1978. My dad Jim Moore was a choirboy there & in The Boys Brigade. A short while after it was demolished a new joint Anglican/Methodist church, St Peter's was built.

Here is a link to a good illustration of the church http://www.sheffield...-Brightside.htm

Guest paulgazzer

Thanks John, Syl ,Steve and Barbara.

My wifes parents were married there in 1956 and we have photos looking out from the church door onto the road.

Thanks

On 23rd October 2011 SteveHB  said :-  Old churches have an atmosphere, that will never be replaced by building a new un.

----------------

I agree, we have lost so much, it seems unbelievable that a building like this could be demolished.

From The Illustrated London News 1869.

john_brown.png

all_saints_640x800.png