Uknown Ancesters Of My Mothers.

syrup

Absolutely brilliant Syrup; although we've next to no chance of naming anyone Thank you for the pictures and the oppurtunity to have a go - just what we need from all the folks here.

Rolleston Road dates from when please ?? Certainly not 1860's ...

That was where me my Grandmother and my Parents moved to from Pitsmoor in 1951.

My Grandmothers Father was born in Thornhill Lees Dewsbury. 1848.

Great pictures, if only people would put dates and names on the back of photographs <_<

I'd love to know who all these people are, someones ancesters out there.

I had two old photos my mother gave me and they were obviously from the Victorian era. When doing my family history research, by the process of elimination and knowing they came from my mother's paternal side, I was able to guess they were my great grandparents Frank & Eliza Rodger born in the 1830s. Some years later I made contact with a distant cousin who had two beautiful Victorian Albums full of lovely photographs. She too had this couple in her album so I was able to confirm that, I had in all probablity, guessed correctly. Unfortunately we could never find out who the other people were as none of the photos had any writing on them at all.

One day you may meet someone with the same photos and you may be able to work it out or perhaps they may have ones with names written on them. Fingers crossed.

Lyn

I had two old photos my mother gave me and they were obviously from the Victorian era. When doing my family history research, by the process of elimination and knowing they came from my mother's paternal side, I was able to guess they were my great grandparents Frank & Eliza Rodger born in the 1830s. Some years later I made contact with a distant cousin who had two beautiful Victorian Albums full of lovely photographs. She too had this couple in her album so I was able to confirm that, I had in all probablity, guessed correctly. Unfortunately we could never find out who the other people were as none of the photos had any writing on them at all.

One day you may meet someone with the same photos and you may be able to work it out or perhaps they may have ones with names written on them. Fingers crossed.

Lyn

With modern digital photography and the ability to "tag" people in a picture as well as add all sorts of other information to it when it is taken, then, given another 100 years or so when todays pictures become history this problem of identification may become less of a stumbling block for future family historians.

Backs of all Photos now scanned and posted sadly not a great help, But some do say that negatives are kept in case you need copies

i did try once to contact the companies that are still in businness but they never got back to me..

This one is of my great grandfather's daughter.

She used to sing in the music halls in Yorkshire. Her sister used to " clog " dance on the Roscoe stage

before it was a picture house or maybe it was dual purpose built, someone will know.

Their father was an illusionists and performer and an ex keeper of the Blue Pig , Workhouse Lane.

She used to sing in the music halls in Yorkshire. Her sister used to " clog " dance on the Roscoe stage

before it was a picture house or maybe it was dual purpose built, someone will know.

Their father was an illusionists and performer and an ex keeper of the Blue Pig , Workhouse Lane.

Refferance to The Blue Pig Found in..

Multiple Arts and Popular Culture Items

The Sheffield & Rotherham Independent (Sheffield, England), Saturday, May 31, 1856;

Wonderful UKL and Syrup, take something we know next to nowt about and add a picture/names/dates - isn't that what we are all about ?