Terry Curran

RichardB

hahahahahahahaha Sorry, hahahahahaha

Yes that may be but he made beautiful music as he waltzed past was it 4 or 5 United defenders to score THAT goal lol!

Wonder where he is now - running a pub or newsagent?

"Curran’s signing proved to an inspired acquisition for Wednesday, he was the final piece of Jack Charlton’s side which went on to gain promotion from Division Three in the 1979-80 season. He was an immensely popular and successful player during his time at Hillsborough, scoring 24 goals in that promotion season, including a memorable goal in the Steel City derby at Bramall Lane. Such was his popularity that he had his own fan club and recorded a song called “Singing the Blues”.

I bought that record! I was about 16.

Seems hard to believe now, but such was the heady excitement of our turning the corner and playing exciting football again!

Curran was a true lower league legend.

Guest owl-zat

Terry Curran went on to own a greasy spoon cafe on the A1 until the council needed the land it was on to do road improvements and Mr Curran made a killing selling his plot of land for a small fortune which made him a millionaire.

He's probably propping up a bar instead of serving behind one these days !

Guest lozzie

lol I remember joining his Fan Cub pmsl...sur I've still got his signed photo lurking somewhere

I was but a mere youngster ;-)

i used to go to the match every week, not to watch the football you understand just to letch... he was my idol :wub: :wub: