Blue Plaques - Any Suggestions?

dunsbyowl1867

From the Star.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/community/green-scene/blue_plaques_mark_history_1_3832334

3 Suggestions each ?

Derek Dooley

Helen Sharman

Harry Brearley

Well Jarvis Cocker once sang about 'Imagining a blue plaque above the place I first ever touched a girls chest' Maybe we could bring his dream to life? But seriously, although not a Sheffielder by birth I would like to see Patrick McGoohan recognised in some way by the city.

Well Jarvis Cocker once sang about 'Imagining a blue plaque above the place I first ever touched a girls chest' Maybe we could bring his dream to life? But seriously, although not a Sheffielder by birth I would like to see Patrick McGoohan recognised in some way by the city.

Good one - there are plenty of "Lived Here"s around were I work in London so that shouldn't be an issue???? ;-)

Guest Otto_Man

Good one - there are plenty of "Lived Here"s around were I work in London so that shouldn't be an issue???? ;-)

Building on that, wasn't Mary, Queen of Scots held captive in Sheffield for a number of years?

Building on that, wasn't Mary, Queen of Scots held captive in Sheffield for a number of years?

Oh 'eck, that's torn it!

From the Star.

http://www.thestar.c...story_1_3832334

3 Suggestions each ?

Derek Dooley

Helen Sharman

Harry Brearley

OK, what about blue plaques for these 3 famous Sheffielders (who really are Sheffielders)

DaveH

SteveHB

Stuart0742

The plaques would have to be placed on a building on Cradock Road at the site of the old Norfolk School

Together we are "The Norfolk 3"

Although that makes us sound like a group of convicted IRA terrorists from the time we were actually at school.

Free the Norfolk Three! They didn't know what they were doing, they was just kids at the time!

Yes free the Norfolk 3

Another Norfolk 3, DaveH, Stuat0742 and "Frithy" were only kids at the time

But there was an incident in moggy Matthews science lab that involved the 3 of them, a large mortar and pestle full of freshly mixed gunpowder and a lighted match which could have been mistaken for a terrorist plot.