Problems Logging In

Guest Winter

Guest Winter

Hi,

Question for administrators.

I have had problems trying to log on under my usual account. Kept getting the following error message - An extension required to process this request is missing. Please notify the administrator.' -

My user name is still in members list and I have sent 3 emails since August to admin team for assistance (which was really not easy to find on the site) with no reply. In desperation I have had to create a new account with a new email address because the site recognises my original email address!

Can anyone please help me as I would prefer to keep my original account name and postings.

Hi,

I have had problems trying to log on under my usual account. Kept getting the following error message - An extension required to process this request is missing. Please notify the administrator.' -

My user name is still in members list and I have sent 3 emails since August to admin team for assistance (which was really not easy to find on the site) with no reply. In desperation I have had to create a new account with a new email address because the site recognises my original email address!

Can anyone please help me as I would prefer to keep my original account name and postings.

Hi Winter

Sorry you have had difficulty logging onto Sheffield History.

What is your original log in name?

Guest Winter

Hi,

Its XXXXXXX and my original email address is XXXXXXXX

===================================================

I have removed your log in details,

don't worry all the site Admins have a copy, hope you get sorted.

SHB

Hi,

my previous log in now working thank you. You can delete the account showing as 'Winter' username as I will continue to use my existing account if thats OK. Thanks for your help.

Hi,

I experienced exactly the same difficulties, both with logging on using my existing user name and with obtaining any sort of response for help from "Admin".

As a result, I also created a new account, with a new user name and a new password and I continue to use these to this day.

It does beg the obvious question though, as to why does the nameless being known as "Admin" has failed to respond to such requests for assistance?

Is there a fault with the links??

I think that we should all take into account that “Our nameless Admin"

does his best to rectify any problems that members experience on this site,

and also the time he puts in to maintain SheffieldHistory to the best of his ability.

Admin does all this in any spare time he has available, it is not his full time job,

running a forum and maintaining it's performance is far from easy work

SheffieldHistory was created by Admin with money funded from his own back pocket

and his interests in local history.

Not doubting that mistakes have happened and will continue to happen,

but all of us on here have a lot to thank our Admin for.

So please let's not forget that,

Without Admin there would be no SheffieldHistory !

I also created a new account, with a new user name and a new password and I continue to use these to this day.

It does beg the obvious question though,.........

....that if members having log on difficulties have created new accounts to get around the problem, then how many members do we really have?

If every member had 2 logins then that would halve the actual number of members.

...and also partially explain why some members never actually make a post.

It does beg the obvious question though, as to why does the nameless being known as "Admin" has failed to respond to such requests for assistance?

Just a question of time to be honest my friend..

Plus 99% of the issues reported to me turn out to be user error (genuinely)

On this occasion the site went a bit wobbly after an upgrade - I've fixed it now though