Humbugs Of Greenhill

Guest mummyb74

Guest mummyb74

Hi my friend opened Humbugs of Greenhill traditional sweet shop back in May, and she is wanting to know the history behind the shop / cottages.

She is situated on Greenhill Main Road, and previously the shop was Calico gift shop. If anyone has any information would be greatful.

Thanks in advance

Hi mummyb74 welcome to the site.

I have just had a look on Google SV to locate this shop I cant seem to find it, Is it in the middle section of Greenhill main rd, there seem to be a number of Hairdressing/Tanning type shops.

Hi mummyb74 welcome to the site.

I have just had a look on Google SV to locate this shop I cant seem to find it, Is it in the middle section of Greenhill main rd, there seem to be a number of Hairdressing/Tanning type shops.

<iframe width="562" height="314" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;t=m&amp;vpsrc=0&amp;layer=c&amp;cbll=53.326891,-1.484429&amp;panoid=BqSeOocfqpgNg1rGBKGsyw&amp;cbp=13,210.96,,0,17.05&amp;ll=53.324994,-1.482983&amp;spn=0.004024,0.012059&amp;z=16&amp;source=embed&amp;output=svembed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;t=m&amp;vpsrc=0&amp;layer=c&amp;cbll=53.326891,-1.484429&amp;panoid=BqSeOocfqpgNg1rGBKGsyw&amp;cbp=13,210.96,,0,17.05&amp;ll=53.324994,-1.482983&amp;spn=0.004024,0.012059&amp;z=16&amp;source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

Definitely need a map, I don't even know where Greenhill is ! See what 30 years away does to you ...

Do we have a street address please ?

Hi my friend opened Humbugs of Greenhill traditional sweet shop back in May, and she is wanting to know the history behind the shop / cottages.

She is situated on Greenhill Main Road, and previously the shop was Calico gift shop. If anyone has any information would be greatful.

Thanks in advance

Definitely need a map, I don't even know where Greenhill is ! See what 30 years away does to you ...

Do we have a street address please ?

The building could be on this

Guest mummyb74

hiya everyone sorry took me so long to come back to you...the piccie posted above is where the shop is - so already found something out that is was once an accountants!...the addy is 26 Greenhill Main Road, S8 7RD

Here is one from the 1965 directory,

Ernest Swindell, baker.

26 - 28 Greenhill Main Road S8.

Ernest Swindell, baker.

26 - 28 Greenhill Main Road S8.

Still there in 1970 (Kellys)