Newbie Saying Hi

Guest mummyb74

Guest mummyb74

Hello all

Im a SAHM of 2 rugrats DD age 10 and DS age 5 - best job in the world!...Lived in Sheffield 8 most of my life (apart from a 9 yr stint in Leeds) - came back to Sheffield 6 years ago now.

Have been nosying around the forum for a while, so thought Id join in the fun!

Look forward to getting to know you all

Hi and welcome to the forum. Feel free to join in any of the threads, the more the merrier, and if you've any questions let's have 'em, it's what we thrive on! (And there's no such thing as a silly question,!)

And there's loads of threads for reminiscences, we'd love to hear them too.

Hello and Welcome to the Site; now I've managed to work out what a SAHM is, I feel I can say Hi.

(AFAIK had me going for a while as well ... SMBH even)

Chip in, wherever and whenever you can, it's what makes the place tick as Bignose says :rolleyes:

Scratching Me Baldy Head !

Hello and Welcome to the Site; now I've managed to work out what a SAHM is, I feel I can say Hi.

(AFAIK had me going for a while as well ... SMBH even)

Chip in, wherever and whenever you can, it's what makes the place tick as Bignose says :rolleyes:

Scratching Me Baldy Head !

Welcome to Sheffield History and thank you for making that first introducyory post.

SAHM ?

AFAIK ?

DD and DS ?

Are you sure you are from Sheffield ? I was born here and have lived here almost all my life and speak the local dialect to perfection (sometimes by accident when i really should be trying to put my "posh voice" on), but this is like a foreign language to me. I have no idea what these words / acronyms mean.

:huh:

My worst subject at school by far was French

When the French teacher, Man Chapman, asked me why I was doing so badly at it my reply was

"French, - it's like a foreign language to me" lol

SAHM = Stay at home Mum?

DD=Darling daughter?

DS= Darling son?

AFAIK that's my best guess.

Give us a break Mummy, we old codgers need it spelling out!

Guest mummyb74

haha yes sorry I will speak proper like from now on...yep born and bred in Sheffield, worked in Doncaster and York before having the kids, so my accent is a little mixed - bit like my tan!...Loving the sunshine we having today!!!!...Thanks for the warm welcome

SAHM = Stay at home Mum?

DD=Darling daughter?

DS= Darling son?

AFAIK that's my best guess.

Give us a break Mummy, we old codgers need it spelling out!

Bayleaf,

How do you get AFAIK to stand for "That's My Best Guess"? Wouldn't it be TMBG?

Bayleaf,

How do you get AFAIK to stand for "That's My Best Guess"? Wouldn't it be TMBG?

I was trying to be cute, As Far As I Know That's (i.e.the above) my best guess (at the others)

I was trying to be cute, As Far As I Know That's (i.e.the above) my best guess (at the others)

OK, I'm with it now this acronym language is more complex and harder to follow than English was at school, or any of the foreign languages I have ever come across.

TIAGI. IWMPMQIF

(This is a great idea. It will make posting much quicker in future) lol

NIARI ICUAWOI

(No it's a rubbish idea, I can't understand a word of it) lol

TIAGI. IWMPMQIF

(This is a great idea. It will make posting much quicker in future) lol

NIARI ICUAWOI

(No it's a rubbish idea, I can't understand a word of it) lol

Oh blimey, look what you've started now mummy, we'll have to get the nurse to increase their medication... :rolleyes:

Oh blimey, look what you've started now mummy, we'll have to get the nurse to increase their medication... :rolleyes:

Neaw weal be allreyt wen wi get back ter dooin sum proper Sheffield posts ageean. ;-)

Or perhaps when we go posh and fall back on good old fashioned proper use of English. lol