Joseph Fearnehough & Sons

RichardB

HI RICHARD B CAN YOU CLARIFY YOUR POST RE; YOURDAD IT WOULD SEEM YOU ARE RELATED TO THE NAME FEARNEHOUGH

No, not related to Fearnehough in any way. My Father worked for Fearnehoughs, they were also friends, we lived, around that time at Birkendale; the Fearnehoughs have a strong link to the Birkendale district.

I'm sure there in a web site, I'll have a look.

No, not related to Fearnehough in any way. My Father worked for Fearnehoughs, they were also friends, we lived, around that time at Birkendale; the Fearnehoughs have a strong link to the Birkendale district.

http://www.birkendale.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

That's the one I was thinking off, some data, some names/dates, some Census information 1851 and 1871, some pictures.

Letter of recommendation ...

Excellent observation, and to think my own Father worked for them ! Good work, Thank You, now, if you can solve the George Arthur Brant problem then I'd have your babies/wash your car for life/eat dried poodle-remnants - take your pick - see the influenza posting.

Guest kenfozzy

I worked for Joseph Ferneoughs from 1959 to 1963. Started there 1st April the day after I left school. What a good education in Engineering from the foreman Mr Fred Crooks. Enjoyed every day.

Guest kenfozzy

The sinature on the letter DG Ward, I remember well. Avery good friend of my family and I believe he was the Treasurer for what was then The Sheffield Motor Chair Club. My farther was the van driver for REDGATES and he was asked by his boss if he would help the S.M.C.C. by taking some of the club members to their weekly club meetings. Dougie Ward offered me a job at Ferneoughs when I left school.

Guest skeets

Something very strange l am not allowed to see the site you sent re ; Birkendale , any ideas Arthur.

RichardB Ihave a post to you ,waiting for your advice Arthur.

I just see a bunch of stuff about Cambodia on that link; used to work ... mmm

Guest philb

My Grandad worked there for years right up to his death in 1963.His name was Charlie (Wag) Pearson.He lost some fingers while he worked there,not sure what year.

Guest skeets

I just see a bunch of stuff about Cambodia on that link; used to work ... mmm

RichardB l got the page but no relation . l wrote a longish reply to you about my family, but in form of a topic , so l did not send as most of it was personal , l dont seem to be able get it back , is there a way for you to get and sort it, out there is a request re my birth. Arthur.

RichardB l got the page but no relation . l wrote a longish reply to you about my family, but in form of a topic , so l did not send as most of it was personal , l dont seem to be able get it back , is there a way for you to get and sort it, out there is a request re my birth. Arthur.

Probably a job for Admin/Tsavo, although I've worked with computers since 1984 I don't get involved with the inner workings here; this is my release, I just get obsessive about Old Sheffield Pubs.

If no joy from "The Boys" them I'm afraid it's a resend - Richard.Brant@amec.com if you prefer to email.