Typhoon Saturday

History dude

When I was working on my community Newspaper Manor Mercury, I came across a guy called Nick Robinson. He is better known for his involment with origami, but he was a member of this band called the Typhoon Saturday. Before I knew him I remember the band were often played on Radio Hallam's New Age Music. Later on his wife was working at Matrec, while I was the Chairperson there. So one day we got chatting about music and he told me about his envolvement with the band.

The band's best known piece was called What Do I Do, a very commercial track I think, but sadly wasn't a hit.

Nick has a website where he mentions the group.

http://www.nickrobinson.info/music/releases/what_do_i_do.htm

Nick's fascination with electronic gizmos and "ambient guitar" was fun. He spent hours explaining it all to me years ago.He's very well know and respected around the local musicians. I've seen him play everything from folk to some very dubious prog rock over the years (and dressed as a chicken- but that's another story).

I went to Matrec too many moons ago, I was studying RSA bookkeeping with Carol, I think Nick's wife was there then too.

I went to Matrec too many moons ago, I was studying RSA bookkeeping with Carol, I think Nick's wife was there then too.

In which case we've probably met!

You would have certainly study me doing bookeeping with Carol. "Graham's Printing Company" ring any bells!

Carol is also the Treasury of the Friends of Manor Lodge, by the way.

Vaguely, a lot of water (and Guinness) has flowed under many bridges since then. Carol would remember me, she lived in my Grandparents old house.