Howard Street Pub, Walkely

Guest mblondie4uxx

Guest mblondie4uxx

I notice many sheffield's want to know the whereabouts of Howard Street Pub it was on the corner NOT opposite as some declare from Saint Josephs convent i as a child you to sit outside with my coke whilst my grandparents was inside. However like most of Sheffield BOTH my parents pulled it down as they was Demolition Contractors of that time. They also pulled down the convent at walkey as well as most housing in that surrounding area

Map request please.

I notice many Sheffielder's want to know the whereabouts of the Howard Street Pub,

It was on the corner, NOT opposite, as some declare - from Saint Josephs Convent.

I, as a child, would sit outside, with my coke, whilst my grandparents were inside.

However, like most of Sheffield BOTH my parents pulled it down (as they was Demolition Contractors of that time). They also pulled down the Convent at Walkey, as well as most housing in that surrounding area.

Guest mblondie4uxx

my parents took many photos of the places they pulled down over the years i will ask what they have got and post it on here .

We look forward to it, I was born and lived most of my first 18 years at Walkley -

I was born at 30 Birkendale, Upperthorpe, moved to 12 Birkendale. then to Hadfield Street, then Hillsborough, then back to Greenhow Street, Walkley so it's all close to my heart.

my parents took many photos of the places they pulled down over the years i will ask what they have got and post it on here .

Guest mblondie4uxx

Good grief what is your full name Richard? i lived at 50 Birkendale in the huge bungalow with the large white garage that has stands like the rest of those two roads in time. The Smyths, the Bishops, The Moonies all in Birkendale view do you remeMber these just to name a few

Guest mblondie4uxx

Did you know that Birkendale & Birkendale View was supposed to have a preservation Order on it? it used to have its own council within the community of the two roads and ALL the residents who live on Birkendale View with the exception of a few houses on Birkendale has the privalage of owning the Key to the gates that opens up on to the bend at Common side walkey .