Manor Community Centre

History dude

I have a lot of memories of this place, having lots of estate meetings there. I supose it's downfall was it's location in an isolated place that lead to it's doom.

Having left the Manor about 6 years ago I missed why it was demolished. So hopefully someone can fill me in on that.

Meanwhile here's a view of it also showing the bowling green.

Junction of Hastilar Road with Prince of Wales Road, it's the building behind the two cars.

It was built around the time the estate was built, then got destroyed by fire in the Blitz, rebuilt later to the building you can see in the photo.

There's a picture of the burnt out ruins in Picture Sheffield, entitled "Manor Social Centre".

I believe it's was owned by the Education Department also.

Junction of Hastilar Road with Prince of Wales Road, it's the building behind the two cars.

It was built around the time the estate was built, then got destroyed by fire in the Blitz, rebuilt later to the building you can see in the photo.

There's a picture of the burnt out ruins in Picture Sheffield, entitled "Manor Social Centre".

I believe it's was owned by the Education Department also.

Thanks.

I had passed by and seen the building many times, without realising it was the local community centre.

picturesheffield

Flash Earth

Thanks.

I had passed by and seen the building many times, without realising it was the local community centre.

picturesheffield

Flash Earth

Likewise Steve

I know the location well but didn't realise it was Manor Community Centre.

Interesting new information

Thanks to History Dude again

They ran a newspaper from there in the 1930's called The Manor And Woodthorpe Review. They have copies of some in the Local Studies Lib.

I walked down Hastilar Road recently,the bowling green is still there,and has been cut recently.

The grass is far too coarse for bowling now,I wonder if someone has other plans for it?