For those who wish to declare

RichardB

I'm Richard, born 11th March 1962, Jessops, home at that time 30 Birkendale (next street along from Blake Street). Moved up the Hill to Birkendale Road, then 110 Hadfield Street, then 53 Dykes Hall Road, then Dorothy Road (above the dentists), then 54 Greenhow Street; left Sheffield (in body, not in mind and soul) September 1981.

Share what you wish to, I spent hours agonizing over a Tsavo clue, only to find out I was 3 when The Sound of Music played on Flat Street ...... :huh:

Wow! I lived at 49 Dykes Hall Road 1979 - 1985 just 2 doors away! Were you there at that time? We probably passed in the street! I lived next door to "the flashers" (my neighbours at no 47 used to sit around the house in their underwear and everyone going up on the bus would look in and see father & son's beer guts hanging over their Y Fronts as they watched TV)

We left Dykes Hall Road in the summer of 1977, number 51 was the Hadfield family, had a little dog, two sons - probably 18-22 years old at that time. The thing I remember about that house was it had three doors, a front door (hardly ever used), a back door (used all the time) and a middle door - halfway down the jennel (only ever used to get large items of furniture in/out).

I'm Chris Born 11th Jan 1962, Jessops!! first lived on Leamington street

then family moved to Whiston to run a pub (The Chequers)

I spent a few years away from Sheffield via Blackpool, Aylesbury, Milton Keynes, Ipswich, Eastborne.

before returning in 98 and now I live on Roscoe Bank.

I spent a few years away from Sheffield via Blackpool, Aylesbury, Milton Keynes, Ipswich, Eastborne.

You'll be exactly 2 months older than me then, you old Bugger :rolleyes:

Guest transit

You"ll be pleased to know the Chequers is still a bustling pub in Whiston - but did it have the ghastly yellow paintwork with large orange diamond motifs on the outside when you was there?

You"ll be pleased to know the Chequers is still a bustling pub in Whiston - but did it have the ghastly yellow paintwork with large orange diamond motifs on the outside when you was there?

No it was covered in ivy, looked nice but attracted all sorts of wildlife.

My brother still lives in the village so I do get over now and again.

You'll be exactly 2 months older than me then, you old Bugger :rolleyes:

you can mind your manners when speaking to your elders lol

Hi i am Sheryl,a 43 year old student nurse studying at Sheffiel :rolleyes: d university. I lived on Wadsley lane for quite a while as a child then moved up the road and round the corner to Dykes Hall rd. Went to Wisewood comp ( for my sins) Now live in Burncross Sheffield.

Hi i am Sheryl,a 43 year old student nurse studying at Sheffiel :rolleyes: d university. I lived on Wadsley lane for quite a while as a child then moved up the road and round the corner to Dykes Hall rd. Went to Wisewood comp ( for my sins) Now live in Burncross Sheffield.

Another one from Dykes Hall Road, I lived there (number 53) from 1967-1977

We lived at 245 and before that 119 wadsley lane but at dykes hall from 1979 ish until i left home at 18. mum and dad lived there til the mid 90's :unsure: