Sheffield Archives Reopening

Guest SheffieldArchives

Guest SheffieldArchives

Dear all

Just a short note to let you know that Sheffield Archives is reopening at 10am on Monday 5 September.

We've put some photos on Flickr to show our progress: http://www.flickr.com/photos/shefflibraries/sets/72157627437845365/

We're also going to be offering behind the scenes tours on Friday 9 September as part of Heritage Open Days.

Drop by between 10am and 4pm for strongroom tours, conservation demonstrations, a chance to talk local/family history with staff and the opportunity to see some of Sheffield's documentary treasures up close!

Hope to see you next week,

Cheryl, Sheffield Archives

Dear all Just a short note to let you know that Sheffield Archives is reopening at 10am on Monday 5 September. We've put some photos on Flickr to show our progress: http://www.flickr.com/photos/shefflibraries/sets/72157627437845365/ We're also going to be offering behind the scenes tours on Friday 9 September as part of Heritage Open Days. Drop by between 10am and 4pm for strongroom tours, conservation demonstrations, a chance to talk local/family history with staff and the opportunity to see some of Sheffield's documentary treasures up close! Hope to see you next week, Cheryl, Sheffield Archives

Welcome back.

Can I ask, will all the " stuff " that was brought to the Local Studies for us to use

eg: TI books, will they still be available at the library or will they be taken back

to Shoreham Street?

UKL

Guest SheffieldArchives

Hello!

Thanks for your good wishes - much appreciated!

We have moved everything that was temporarily at Local Studies back to Archives - this includes TIs (transcripts of parish registers), MIs (Monumental Inscriptions), fiche, film, archive catalogues etc.

If in doubt, just give us a call: 0114 203 9395

We look forward to welcoming you all - regular researchers and new researchers - back to Shoreham Street!

I am delighted you are back and thanks for your help today and yesterday at Bishops House. I went to open day first and then they have lent me posters so I could show people what I have found at the Archives regarding Bishops House and celebrate the re-opening of the Archive.

I had no idea how big the storeroom is. It's like a Tardis it seems to extend so far back.

I would also like to say having been to several archives that Sheffield Archivists are the most pleasant people I have ever met.

I have never known them to be grumpy or unhelpful.

Hooray, welcome back! :)

I had a card for Sheffield Archives which I took out in 2003.

It expired in 2006 and I never renewed it.

Perhaps now is an appropriate time to do so.

Guest SheffieldArchives

Dear all

Thank you for your kind comments.

The Heritage Open Day was enormous fun and very well attended. Thanks for visiting us! I hope many of you will return as researchers (or indeed to renew your membership cards!)

It was also great to get out over the weekend and attend some of Sheffield's other Heritage Open Days - especially Bishops' House, Sheffield's oldest timber-framed building - amazing!